Astra Owners Network banner

Astra h 2007 no crank or start after replacing housing barrel ignition

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Steviepit 
#1 ·
No indicators, horn, or wipers work. No crank or start.

#2 ·
It's sounds as though it's immobilised,(car/spanner light flashing ??)
but you need to give a bit of detail of what you've actually done,new CIM,new lock housing,new barrel,new key etc

#5 ·

That's the part their. Must of snapped it taking the ignition out to free the steering lock

Sorry mate, when you say programme in? It fits in the ignition, turns and unlocks the steering but no crank or start.... so I must programme the new key with new housing?

#6 ·
Oh yes a new key needs programming to the car,was it new or a used one ?
if it's used you didn't use to be able to program to a different car,
but it's possible to have it re-set nowadays, it won't program unless it's been re-set.
Plus it looks like you've broken the part that holds the connector to the CIM.

#7 ·
Its 2and hand key and housing from another astra h model. With that small chip broken off, I have put it in situe and its rammed in tight between the comms and the housing as it's only plastic. Looks like I need a 7.5fuse as after just checking I've found that it looks like its blown compared to the other and its numbered 34 for the steering column module control unit.

#8 ·
Its 2and hand key and housing from another astra h model. With that small chip broken off, I have put it in situe and its rammed in tight between the comms and the housing as it's only plastic. Looks like I need a 7.5fuse as after just checking I've found that it looks like its blown compared to the other and its numbered 34 for the steering column module control unit.

#9 ·
You need to get a scanner on it to ensure you have comms to all modules,if ok then you'll need to get the key sorted and programmed to the car,have you got your cars security pass ?
you'll need it to allow programming access

#12 ·
Thinking aloud here, but did the replacement housing contain a different transponder? If it didn't, the replacement key might not be paired to the original transponder. If it did, the replacement transponder might not be paired to the immobiliser.
Have you still got the original key and potentially the original housing with the transponder? If the original transponder is still attached to the housing carrier, try holding the original key very nearby to the ignition and see if it will connect and disarm the immobiliser.

#13 ·
The part on the lock housing is just an aerial on the H,
the immo function is incorporated in the CIM itself rather than having a separate immo module as per the Astra G and others