Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CD30 mp3 in my 04 Astra switches itself on and I am concered about getting a flat batery. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?
I know this is a known fault but I have not found a solution, apart from replacing the whole unit. I have tried leaving a CD in and turning the ignition logic on and off. Neither makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
15,050 Posts
The fault was with the switch that determines if there is a CD in or not which would wake the unit up at random.

Unless you can find a replacement switch (they're not available separately from Vx), your only route would be to replace the whole thing.
Either with a scrap one or an exchange one from Vx.

·
Registered
733 Posts
splice into the live cable and add a separate switch for now, to stop the radio turning itself on, there wont be any power when you switch off the radio from that switch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only I had the ability and confidence to do that. I think I will be looking for a replacement radio.

The strange thing with this current radio is that it doesn't come on all the time but when it does it will not stop for a few days???

Thank you for your responses

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
splice into the live cable and add a separate switch for now, to stop the radio turning itself on, there wont be any power when you switch off the radio from that switch
I wouldn't go splicing the power cables in the H not with the delicate canbus system that monitors everything, one wrong move and who knows how the canbus is going to react.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wouldn't go splicing the power cables in the H not with the delicate canbus system that monitors everything, one wrong move and who knows how the canbus is going to react.
I didn't think it would affect anything which is why I mentioned splicing. It's something I know now and will remember for future reference. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts