Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone!

I've been having lots of problems with my car such as bad fuel consumption, hesitation when putting the car under load, struggling to start the vehicle and even occasionally stalling out after eventually starting.

I decided to try doing a pedal test, thought nothing of it as mechanic told me his device picked up 0 errors therefore he wouldn't fix however the car has picked up 6 in total.

Im just worried as to how much its going to cost and would like some advice on what to do with the car. Since picking it up in april for £1000 im forking out a lot of money in fixing it up so its worrying there is more issues.

Heres a list of the codes I got:
P0597: Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Open
P0130: O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0136: O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0365: Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Bank 1
P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
P0621: Generator Lamp L Control Circuit Malfunction

Am I looking at spending a lot on this/is it even worth it or is it looking to cost not too much?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hi
I wonder if you have a blown fuse in the engine fuse box, possibly fuse 26.

Here is a link

There is a section for the 18xer engine. You don't have to donate to the link site, just open it up a 2nd time to see it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate

just got around to looking at this thread again. I've went online to get some replacement fuses and was wondering if the Astra H uses Standard Blade Fuses or Mini Blade Fuses.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Davo!

And to answer your question Chris im honestly not sure. Don't know how to read the codes very well ill post the full ECN numbers here though and you might be able to help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I purchased an OBDII scanner from Amazon, I've cleared the codes and only these codes have re-appeared:

-P0365: Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit (Bank 1)
-P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
-P0597: Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Open

I just need the car running normal ASAP so I've dropped it into my local garage where I've taken the car for services and any little bits that have been done to it. I'll let you all know how I get on with it and what the fix is!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts