Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys Got my water pipes sorted for now. Now having starting issues. If it does turn over its spins up well. Has had new starter as I thought that was the issue. It does do a lot of stop and starting.
It will just have a very faint click if not starting. Now it sounds like the relay rather than what I thought the selenoid.
I have basic code reader but that is only engine codes I think. Or the app I have is.
I have read some of the cim stuff but have no probs with horn lights etc.
Any other ideas would be great. Ie do the relays cause above issues?
Cim , ECU fuse box. doesn't help with this weather.
Anyone local to northamptonshire with code reader?
Thanks for reading Vince

·
Registered
976 Posts
Try the pedal test to see if there's any codes

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the pedal test to see if there's any codes
Mine doesn't seem to have this feature. Tried it before. Its the Ecoflex Life model. SO very basic. Seems odd though as I had mk1 zafira that this worked on. I am going to try again though.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes there are some Astra H models it doesn't work on,never did figure out which or why :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine doesn't seem to have this feature. Tried it before. Its the Ecoflex Life model. SO very basic. Seems odd though as I had mk1 zafira that this worked on. I am going to try again though.
Right so now just done this test. I had tried before never worked when I had light switch problem... Cars to difficult....
Anyway have 2 coedes 068502, 162563.

·
Registered
976 Posts
mmm,i think this may give a clue ;)
P0685-02 Main Relay Stuck Closed
P1625-63 Main Relay Circuit Low Voltage

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Valer just read that. On here. Is that the yellow relay in the fuse box? I had swapped the 2 of them around on Saturday made no difference. But that could be what threw the code. I also had a load of zeros come up as a third code.

·
Registered
976 Posts
the zeros mean no more codes stored,
here's the relay in question,if you had the ignition on with the relay removed it will throw a code or two

Untitled picture3.png

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got the relay new from local car place £8 so cheap enough. Still just clicked. But has been OK all day. Just need to see if I can clear the codes. May also try and check under the fuse box for any problems. As still not sure its fixed.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The UEC's are prone to water ingress and pin corrosion,
you'll need to separate the main board from the 3 large connector blocks to check though (3 large torx screws)
I can't say i've seen this particular problem due to water ingress but it's a fairly easy thing to check

Reactions: whyv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did have water all over the place from my heater hose and the 3 way pipe thing. I also think theres a few more earth points I have not cleaned under there. Be interesting to see what it does tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well ran today 7until lunch time. Hell if a job to get it going. Got home changed headlight bulb. Codes now gone. Pedal test not working. Had codes before i changed bulb with insp2 coming up. Going to pull fuse box out. See if wet. But i am now. really lost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts