Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice, my wife has a 55 plate Astra H 1.6 Petrol Easytronic and few weeks ago the car wouldn't start. We thought it was a battery issue and when I went to it later in the day to look at it, it started and drove fine so left it at that. Car worked for a week and then my wife went to start it to go to work and it wouldn't turn over again. I ban hear a relay click but the car will not attempt to turn over at all. I noticed that the display on dash for the easytronic gearbox is not showing N for neutral as it usually should. It is mainly blank but after a while it shows "--" on the display. Seen it flashing A4 a few times but only briefly. I'm assuming the car won't start because of the rule on it needing to be in neutral and foot on the brake. It's obvious that something is wrong and know these boxes get a really bad rep....can anyone suggest what's wrong and how to resolve please? Just to mention I have read about the clutch actuator but from alot of what I have read the indication that this has failed is a "F" Appearing on the easytronic dashboard display wondering if the "--" means something else? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts