Astra Owners Network banner

Astra H 1.4 Z14XEP ESP light & Dash Fault Codes

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redman 
#1 ·
Here is my YouTube link : https://youtu.be/_YAYe5H1g7A

Astra has been sitting up for over 2 years... with me intermittently starting etc every couple months. Apart from the rusted brakes.. I have done a complete service. New oil, filters, brake fluid, discs. Car has just over 100k miles.

Is this normal for the oil cap to dance? No visible smoke from oil cap or excessive smoke from exhaust.. Also have traction/esp light staying on. Pedal test reviles Codes : 013004 & 013008 - O2 sensor related. Could an O2 sensor set off an Esp light?

#2 · (Edited)
Hi
The esp light tends to come on when you get engine misfires. This is because the engine ecu will not allow the esp system to communicate with it and allow the esp to reduce engine power if needed. So the esp system is warning you it isn't fully functioning.

When petrol is left in a car for a long time it degrades. I would suggest trying a fuel additive to clean the injectors and the likes along with fresh fuel in the tank.
I would also check the o2 wiring harness for oil contamination.

There will be positive pressure in the cam housing with that amount of miles on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.