Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help or has had a similar issue. The rear discs on my Astra GTC have failed on its MOT. Unfortunately I'm having a big problem with finding replacements that fit. The disc sizes are all correct however the mounting bolt holes are slightly off by literally mm so I'm unable to fit them. I've tried loads of different disc brands and the same problem persists - can't find any with the correct hole alignment. I'm not a car expert by
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel
any means but really am struggling with a solution. Added a couple of images to show the alignment issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Alloy wheel

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
402 Posts
Hi all, wondering if anyone can help or has had a similar issue. The rear discs on my Astra GTC have failed on its MOT. Unfortunately I'm having a big problem with finding replacements that fit. The disc sizes are all correct however the mounting bolt holes are slightly off by literally mm so I'm unable to fit them. I've tried loads of different disc brands and the same problem persists - can't find any with the correct hole alignment. I'm not a car expert by View attachment 35500 any means but really am struggling with a solution. Added a couple of images to show the alignment issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 35499

is it petrol or diesel?

try here

·
Registered
44 Posts
That part obviously has the wrong hole spacing. Wrong Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD)
To find your own PCD, measure very accurately between the centres of 2 adjacent studs/nuts/holes and divide that number by 0.5878
While I was trying to find the correct wheel size for my car I used the following info which might help you find the correct PCD for your discs:

Spare wheel is stamped "GM MAP" for Astra J GTC all engines:
PCD is 5x115 (distance between neighbouring bolts is 67.6mm), centre bore 70.1mm
and also similar at:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I think i'd start by confirming exactly which braking system the car left the factory with J60 or J67 and go from there,
if you want to post the VIN i can check for you

Reactions: laujanpoy

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
402 Posts
the braking system J60 for diesel Rear brake discs: 292mm and Front brake discs: 300mm and studs should fit

on mines astra j is J67 braking system

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
They also have the J17 brake set up on some of the diesels so still 292mm rear but 321 mm on the front,i find it's best to know exactly what you're dealing with rather than making assumptions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That part obviously has the wrong hole spacing. Wrong Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD)
To find your own PCD, measure very accurately between the centres of 2 adjacent studs/nuts/holes and divide that number by 0.5878
While I was trying to find the correct wheel size for my car I used the following info which might help you find the correct PCD for your discs:

PCD is 5x115 (distance between neighbouring bolts is 67.6mm), centre bore 70.1mm
and also similar at:

and also similar at:
Thank you. I'll give the measuring a go, I'm just struggling to find any discs that include specific measurements. They all seem to suggest they fit until I compare them with my current ones.
the braking system J60 for diesel Rear brake discs: 292mm and Front brake discs: 300mm and studs should fit

on mines astra j is J67 braking system
Thank you! I've called a Vauxhall garage and they've confirmed they should have 292mm on. Fingers crossed the lug holes line up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think i'd start by confirming exactly which braking system the car left the factory with J60 or J67 and go from there,
if you want to post the VIN i can check for you
Thank you, you're a star. Vin is W0LPF2EN6FG107968

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
No problem,as i suspected it is a J17 brake system so it's 321mm front and 292mm rear
for making x-references easier the part Vx numbers are 13502137 rear and 13586854 fronts
If you're trying to fit 268mm discs to the rears the pcd of them will be too small.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem,as i suspected it is a J17 brake system so it's 321mm front and 292mm rear
for making x-references easier the part Vx numbers are 13502137 rear and 13586854 fronts
If you're trying to fit 268mm discs to the rears the pcd of them will be too small.
Thank you so much for checking that for me, really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what happend to goung into a motor factors give the reg and you get the right discs .ive never heard of that problem in nearly 40 years of driving wow.🙈
Honestly it's been a nightmare. Been to three different parts places and looked at at least three sets of discs in each place going off my reg, none of which had the right stud measurements. Finally got some that fit, official Vauxhall discs. Must be punishment for trying to save a few quid...

·
Registered
797 Posts
ive never seen that had it once on a clutch for a 4x4 musso turned out someone before me had changed the box and clutch so when i put in the reg it came up the original that had been changed had to get the one in it refurbed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts