Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Finally had my CDTI 150 GTC on the dyno today and she ran 165HP and 380NM on the Wheels

Would this be accurate as I've only fitted the DTUK Red box

What have you guys managed with just the box?

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
that would seem really low, mines ran 164 and around 276ft/lb(can't remember what it is in NM) back in august, with the box your probable looking at 180-210 power wise.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

Would I be correct in assuming that it would be higher if the Dyno read the power at the flywheel and not at the wheels?

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
The higher readout is at the flywheel, you should also have a figure of transmission losses, usually about 40-45bhp (Y)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After the runs I checked for fault codes and there were none,the dyno graph for my car was very smooth and just to mention the Egr Valve is blocked off completely

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The higher readout is at the flywheel, you should also have a figure of transmission losses, usually about 40-45bhp (Y)
Here the only give out the reading at the wheels,never at the flywheel

So technically I'm in the 190+ range:D

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
still seems awfully low on torque tho which isn't lost at the wheels IIRC, just did a little maths now my head hurts, but in NM mines ran 367.4.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do think my Clutch is slipping quite a bit though,would that also contribute to having a lower torque figure?

There aren't very many Astra 1.9's here in South Africa so it can be difficult to compare ones power to another Astra 1.9

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A friend of mine ran his BMW 125i on the Dyno and he got 145HP and 215Nm at the wheels

Needless to say he wasn't happy at all

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
Sounds like the hp and torque figure is from the wheels.. NOT the fly like the readings we get mostly in the uk.

So going by that at a 20% loss (average loss for fwd) thats around 197bhp and possibly 456nm of torque at the fly wheel..

·
Banned
638 Posts
Losses will be nowhere near 45bhp, 35-37bhp is the norm at 4000rpm unless you go to a dodgy set of rollers.
165whp would be in the region of 200bhp.
380NM is 278lbft but the losses would be around 45lbft and is not greatly uneffected by rpm. The amount of torque required to turn the transmission is 45lbft, which would give a vertually liniar loss in power as rpm rises with a slight change for the increase in fluid friction as it heats up at top end.
Whether the figure you got was at the wheels or estimated fly is what you would have to determin, as the torque would be about right for a flywheel figure but quite high for a wheel figure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Torque at the wheels in the gear used on the dyno (4th) will be exactly the same as the engine output, so FWT and WT will not differ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts