Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, well I've got a long term problem. first the coolant light came on with the A/C fan running every 15 secs. Replaced the coolant module, but it was faulty, it stopped the fan, kept the light and would not start the cooling fan when hot. Have now tried another module, and it's the same as the original module, light, A/C fan every 15 sec and no cooling when very hot. This tells me that the problem is not with the cooling module, if the cooling fan was defective, could it cause these problems? By the way the A/C has not worked for 10 years, without any problems. Anyone any ideas where to check next. Have replaced temp sensor, ( the one that shows water temp on the dash).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, the A/C was not working when we got the car, never needed it, (until today!!), and the car was fine, fan came on when hot etc. So far have changed the cooling module, the temp sensor situated just below the coil pack, and removed both fans and checked with 12V, both fans work at high and low speeds off the car. So start car and after 1min the orange cooling light comes on and the A/C fan runs for a few seconds every minute, as the water temp climbs, the fan comes on at shorter intervals, until at 90 degrees C, the A/C fan runs longer and seems to control the water temp at 90 C, all the time the water cooling fan does not come on at all. There is not a level sensor in the water reservoir, What else is there that could be causing this? Are there any more sensors I don't know about? Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, l got an OBD2 reader today, it shows "Codes found 1" then try to read code and it says "Codes not stored on module", but the coolant light is still on, so not any further forward. Could there be a sensor on the A/C that could be causing the fault?

·
Registered
467 Posts
It is possible the fault be related to the A/C pressure sensor, but you really need a Vauxhall/Opel specific code reader (like Op-Com) to correctly read codes from other modules besides the engine ECU.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess that was a waste of money, might be useful later on. Has anyone had an op-com off eBay and managed to get it to work with windows 10? I tried one but had to return it as faulty, would not communicate with the car. I read that the number of fake op-coms had put the real company out of business.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Guess that was a waste of money, might be useful later on. Has anyone had an op-com off eBay and managed to get it to work with windows 10? I tried one but had to return it as faulty, would not communicate with the car. I read that the number of fake op-coms had put the real company out of business.
There’s a guy on vxon that sells them, good quality 1s, and he tests every 1 before sending them out, his are a bit dearer than the eBay ones(think I paid£50) works on win10 without issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts