Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Need some help. I have a 2003 Astra G coupe 20l 16v turbo Z20let. My car keeps throwing a O2 sensor fault(P0130) bank 1. I've replaced this sensor with a Bosch O2 sensor and I still end up with the same fault code. I've been to a couple of mechanics and it seems like none of them can sort this out or find the issue.

Any suggestions or tips from you guys?.

Appreciate it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I've been to one of the guys who swapped the signal wires on that Bosch sensor. Not sure why he did that. It didn't make much of a difference. Only thing it does now if I drive for about 20km or so the spanner light will jump to engine light.

Then I've been to another mechanic and he said the reading from the sensor is incorrect and that I should try an original sensor. Honestly we don't have them here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, here in South Africa, Durban. I've been checking with guys who has been stripping these cars but most of the cars have a front smash so the sensor is damaged as well

·
Registered
381 Posts
Could be the connector maybe but some make of cars are fussy with non OE bits. Can you not buy one from UK/Germany and have it sent to you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gidday mate,

Before you go ordering bits and pieces, you might want to try some contact spray on your UEC contacts and even on the electrical plug to the sensor itself.
I just went through a series of sensor errors - everything from throttle sensors to lamda and O2 where popping up regularly. I assume that I knocked some connections while doing a service so I was pretty sure they did not all just break at the same time :)

This vid shows the UEC variant - mine did not look anything like this, but I still sprayed contact spray everywhere just to be sure. But I think my fix was actually the connection at the sensor end itself. In any case, after taking pretty much every connector apart that I could find, and spraying them, the problems have gone away.

Might not help in your case, but it might be an easy fix and won't cost anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts