Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I wanted to change this part; whipped off the air intake bits and EGR solenoid control valve, then went for the pressure sensor (I have done this once before) when I removed it this time though, I noticed that the orange rubber boot/gaiter was still stuck in the hole; had a go to peel away with my fingers, but it started to slip in (covered in oil) so I quickly abandoned that and went for some o-ring picks...

Problem is, I barely touched it and it dropped inside. Now... I'm not even sure what part it just dropped into or weather I can drive this now? Or will I have to take everything apart and retrieve that stupid little rubber idiot? (At the moment I'm guessing it's probably yes)

Pictures here

Any help/advice would be well appreciated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sensors in question. The Isuzu-branded one that's been removed, leaving behind the rubber is on the right. The original one removed a while back on the left.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't know enough about the 1.7 to say what that is exactly but I'd imagine it's part of the inlet manifold. Don't want your engine inhaling that bit of rubber!

Can you see it through the hole with a torch?

If so you might be able to grab it with one of those claw pick up tools?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice idea; I used this when I dropped an allen bit into the intake of my other car; (that time, I was being a numpty and didn't block off the holds as I should have) the magnetic claw pick up thing worked a treat but looking at this one, the hole is too small and the bit tumbled from sight ;(

Tried shining a light in every angle I could but couldn't see it... Was thinking the same as you; it could get sucked through, block something, heat up, melt, stick to something. Potential for a lot of ruination. It's looking like I'll have to take a lot of stuff apart... Posted this on AS Forums as well and it was mentioned I'll have to remove the fuel lines from the injectors to remove the manifold.

Being a bit cack with the spanners this doesn't appeal to me too much so was hoping there might be another solution... but it's looking like a full removal at the moment.

Cheers for the response fella; everything you said is about as much as I could have hoped for lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.