Astra Owners Network banner

Astra Exclusive 1.4 probs

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MusicLoverUK 
#1 ·
The car had been running fine. Then the car was recalled by Vauxhall for a computer upgrade. A few weeks later with all the electrics on eg wipers and blowers (for first time), as was coming along the M1 there was a momentary loss of power, then 10 mins later completely lost power and was stuck in lane two. Once got off Motorway it was taken by the breakdown and by the time it was unloaded at the garage it was running again although badly with a sucking noise heard when idling when hot. My engineer said it was the ignition pack which he duly replaced. A week later engine management light and traction light came on. It was diagnosed as missing on cylinder two and a faulty ignition pack which was replaced again. Three days later another momentary lack of power and the management light came on again. Diagnostics said it was an inefficient cat and when it was opened, found to be wrecked inside so that was replaced. Driving back from the garage had another momentary loss of power then three pops from poss the exhaust? the sucking noise continues. It was registered April 11
Running out of money and ideas
Can anyone help please?

#2 ·
A 2011 model would be an Astra J, so I've moved this to the right section for you. Hopefully someone in here can offer you some advice.

Reactions: Mike I
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.