Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 Astra H elite 115 a week ago and must say the car is great in every way. It has got auto headlights. I keep the light setting onto Auto, however I cant actually remember the lights going out when I drive it in the day so I end up turning them off manually. Im also assuming that the car should have auto wipers as well, however when I lift the stick up once it simply goes to intermittent. The sensor seems fine in the windscreen, so can anyone throw shed some light? Im not a great car teccy either so I need it in simple terms :lol: thx all

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I bought a 2008 Astra H elite 115 a week ago and must say the car is great in every way. It has got auto headlights. I keep the light setting onto Auto, however I cant actually remember the lights going out when I drive it in the day so I end up turning them off manually. Im also assuming that the car should have auto wipers as well, however when I lift the stick up once it simply goes to intermittent. The sensor seems fine in the windscreen, so can anyone throw shed some light? Im not a great car teccy either so I need it in simple terms :lol: thx all
Welcome to AON.

You may find your lights coming on when your parked in the shade when you drive off. After a matter of 30 seconds in sunlight they should go off. You should also find they come on earlier than your use to i.e. dawn and dusk or even a dull gloomy day. With the auto wipers it should be a case of flicking the stalk up once, and they should only come on when rain droplets are detected by the sensor. Make sure the windscreen is completely clean where the sensor is.

Other than that they may be faulty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a lovely sunny day, driving around with the auto lights set to auto, and there still on and didnt go off once! Also when i flick the stick up, the wipers go straight to intermittent and wipe every couple of seconds! Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts