Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. After a few years since my astra g i have put a deposit on an astra again. 08 1.8 vvt elite auto. Can anyone give me there reviews on the auto box ? After reading some horror stories im concerned that i should have opted for a manual rather than an auto that i have fancied for some time. Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont do alot of miles so consumption not an issue its the reliability of the box im worried about

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does any one on here actually own an h auto as there every day car ? They dont seem popular at all...cheers

·
A.O.N. Chief Numpty - Lee
10,683 Posts
Yeah she had one, only buy it if it had the recall done on the radiator - the radiator shares its core with the auto box fluid, and the wall that separates them fails, just water entering the gearbox, not good! If it hasn't had the recall, it could have a problem. I got rid in the end and got a 1.9 120 auto as it has a different set up and a far better box. The 1.8 is an OK motor but the gearbox lets it down - stay clear of the easytronic as they have their own issues

·
Registered
154 Posts
I own 1.8 SRi auto , no issues at all.
I can admit that MPG on this car is far beyond decent...
The gearbox itself works fine , you might notice some lag from 1st to 2nd on low revs but generally it works fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts