Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting my Penta alloys refurbished soon and wondered if anyone knows what the exact colour is? I've did a bit of searching and it seems that there is no definitive answer. Some of the answers have mentioned Star Silver 4 and Hyper Silver.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has had their Pentas refurbished, what colour did you use? If pictures are available as well that would be great, especially if any non Vauxhall colours were used.

Thanks.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
People will suggest that star or hyper are close but they aren't the same. This question has been asked hundreds of times and no one has the answer

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, star and hyper silver seem to be the most common. Which of the two is the lighter? Not familiar with Hyper Silver.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Find one of those classic car paint shops that scan the car to mix the paint to get a exact match, but for the wheels obviously.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found this on another Astra site: Link (near bottom of page)

The finish looks good. Might get that done, unless other alternatives.

Thanks for the replies.

·
15,078 Posts
The star silvers are all slightly different. Can't remember which is which but I do know that next to each other they are obviously different.

And @ the OP,
To an extent if you're getting all 4 done then they will all be the same so as long as you pick one you like it doesn't matter what it is.
Get asked this all the time at work, they are just whatever colour Ronal decided to paint them. Don't know if anyone has ever tried to get hold of them to ask.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Have just looked on the Ronal UK site, actually a third party trading as Ronal, and it has a disclaimer saying that they cannot help with OEM wheel paint codes :lol:

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
A disclaimer to the same effect is on the actual Ronal site. It says that you have to ask Vauxhall for the paint code.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The star silvers are all slightly different. Can't remember which is which but I do know that next to each other they are obviously different.

And @ the OP,
To an extent if you're getting all 4 done then they will all be the same so as long as you pick one you like it doesn't matter what it is.
Get asked this all the time at work, they are just whatever colour Ronal decided to paint them. Don't know if anyone has ever tried to get hold of them to ask.
Thats true enough. I'll keep looking and see what comes up.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I decided to get them done with the Star Silver 3 and white primer as done by the guy in the page linked to above and this is how it turned out (Wheels were washed, polished with stuff called 'Wheel Seal+Shine' and then waxed with Collinite 476S) :

It's not the original colour (no one knows what it is, even Vauxhall) but I'm really happy with the end result. The next wee job is the centre caps, the bit that has the griffin badge on it (the dark grey bit):

It was scratched like that before hand. Not sure which colour to paint it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts