Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have just recently purchased a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI (VXD) from a chap in London. It's got receipts of work done from Regal...
- New Engine
- Turbo Changeover (Old Engine had a Hybrid less than 8 months old)
- EGR Blanked
- Cambelt, Waterpump & Tensioner
- EDS Software
- IPF
- GM Clutch Kit
- Rolling Road
- Oil & Filters

This is everything I can see on receipt and Dyno printout shows its running 209.5BHP; however it's deffo not running 150bhp (standard) let alone 209.5bhp seems to be lagging power to move it starts fine and even runs fine just doesn't have the power. If I go through gears and come to 6th speed with my foot down it stays around 70mph and not get a move on.

I'm just wondering if its anything to do with this IPF thing and also how would I know if the IPF software has been put on this new engine and I can upload it all again or any other information about the IPF on the new engine.

I'm going out of my nut what this could be after its had practically a new engine.

Thanks any ideas will be appreciated and anybody know about these IPF/EDS things to help please.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
have you got any warning lights up on your dash?
have you tried the peddle test buddy?

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
As per my pm mate...

Hi mate.

Was the previous owner a member on here? Is so you can trace his progress on here too.

As for the IPF, if you feel the car is lacking power you're best to check a few things on the car first.

1. Check for any fault codes using the pedal test.

2. Check and clean the erg valve. Tutorial here.

3. Check and clean boost sensor. Tutorial here.

Both of the above can cause power loss and are a common issue on the 1.9 engine.

I'd check these before mapping the car again as if there is something wrong, a map won't help.

See if this helps, if not we'll look into other ideas.

I'm in Rugby mate, so just down the road.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
With regards the IPF, you can map your car as many times as you like, once you've done the above, might be worth mapping the car again and adding a phase 2 map, just on the off chance an older map has been loaded?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello previous owner was James Chau... Red Astra 1.9 CDTI with VXR Kit & Team Dynamics... he said he was on a forum not sure which one and also i'ma try clean the following today however the EGR is blanked off would it still need cleaning?

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Depends on whether the blanking plate has a hole in it. Be worth checking while you've got the bonnet up.

If nothing else it'll rule it out.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Personally I would forget the EGR for now and concentrate on the bigger picture.

if the car really struggles to go over 70mph then there is something fundamentally wrong with the engine

Get it to a garage for a diagnostics session

·
A.O.N. - Full Member
1,652 Posts
Who put in the new engine ? Do you actually have the IPF ?

Regal sell you the IPF matched to the engine code of the car, I wonder if the new engine only has a standard VX map on it.

PS bad accelleration could be also due to a boost solenoid issue. Why was the engine changed in the first place ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check all your hoses are on correctly.

Once I was driving my VXR and suddenly it wouldn't go anywhere, hit 60mph tops in 6th gear. Got home and saw a hose had come lose. Worth a try I guess, just check around the hoses and ensure they are properly on and tight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine change and everything was done from Regal. Looked at Turbo Sensor today looked clean so don't think its that... however I know the EGR has a plate as says on receipts would it still need cleaning.

·
A.O.N. - Full Member
1,652 Posts
If it was the MAF you would see fault codes and it would probably smoke badly due to mis fueling/air mix. EGR plate on or off wouldn't make any difference if it has had a regal remap as it maps the EGR out (ie the EML light). Have you checked your swirl flaps ? (little bar running parallel to the engine between the injectors and the glow plugs controls a flap on each port of the inlet manifold), if it's come off this could be a big issue! Common fault.

I would also use your IPF to put the car back to standard mode. Take it out for a run and then map it back to 200bhp and see if maybe there was a gremlin in the remap..

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
How recent was the purchase of the car i would first contact original seller then i would speak to regal for more info

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The following were done on 01/03/2011 to the first engine:
1 EDS Software
2. IPF Programmer
3. EGR Plates
4. Hybrid Turbo

Then these were done on 02/03/2012
1. New Engine (2008) (Mileage 1791)
2. GM Clutch Kit
3. EDS Software 1.9 CDTI
4. Cambelt Kit & Water Pump & Tensioner
5. Fuel Filter
6. Oil & Filter
7. Anti Freeze
8. Subframe Bolts
9. Fuel Additive
10. Rolling Road
11. Turbo changeover

No driving it seems to move still and go however just seems to not boost as it should my friends 150bhp with cooler and hybrid seems to feel me powerful. Can anybody tell me what my boost should be doing with a hybrid figures?

·
Registered
97 Posts
sounds just like the problem i had ! it was a split boost pipe from the vacum pump on the end of the camshaft down to the boost actuator on the offside front lower engine bay area, £2.30 worth of ebay boost pipe and my car is running sweet as a nut ! i had tried maf,map,service and exhaust etc (lucky a mate has one so i could nick his bits lol)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts