Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, im new to this forum hence this is my first post, and i'm hoping someone could help me:D
My Astra keeps going into limp mode every couple of weeks which is strange. The initial diagnostic from Vauxhall was throttle position sensor fault so i had the throttle pedal replaced. Still went into limp mode so i had a new throttle body installed, same again, finally i had a new ECU installed.....still happening!!:confused: Vauxhall's latest diagnostic came up with an alternator fault code??
Because the car goes into limp mode rarely makes me think it could be a connection problem, like wiring or plug pins?
I was using a DTUK Eco3 box but taken it off for the moment. The latest fault code, using the brake/throttle method is ECN 062202.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the list:)

The box was set at 9, had no black smoke or eml light under load so i dont think i could have been the box. I took it off because i didnt want the main dealer to know it has been used on the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fault code doesnt seem to be on that list, not sure what the prefix letter means either? I assume its the fault descibed by Vauxhall main dealer for the alternator problem?:sus:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, i've found the correct fault code:

P0622 Generator Field "F" Control Circuit Malfunction IPC (Instrument) C-021 .......
...anyone have an idea what that means??
Just found out that the fault code is related to an alternator problem. Going to get it checked out before i spend more money on the car!

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, my car STILL goes into limp mode with the same throttle position sensor fault codes, and ive had the alternator checked which is fine :(
Its been back into my local main dealer a couple of times recently but they still could not find what was causing the faults, especially as ive replaced all the parts they insisted changing. As the car is 5 years old with no warranty, im not sure what to do next, ive contacted VX customer care and they said to try other main dealers for second opinions.....surely if one main dealer with trained staff cannot help then another would be the same??
Ive decided to sell this car as im so fed up with it now, but the only way i can get decent money back on it is to trade it in for a newer/new car with the problem still there or just selling it cheap and informing people whats happening with the car.

Anyone experienced this kind of situation? Im lost at what to do next :confused:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same problem!!

I know this is 2 years later, but i'm now having exactly the same problem as you were. Did you manage to sort the problem out? any help would b appreciated please

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts