Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folkes been lubricating glow plugs for a good while now,i have removed 2 easy but the other 2 its just the 9mm head coming off leaving the middle bit pokin through the top of the head? Any way of getting them out????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Shaun,

I'm currently in the process of doing mine, been a right pain in the ****, you're lucky you got two out.. you will probably have to use an extraction tool, I did mine today with the extraction tool, first one came out easy but the second one is not playing ball at all. Just trying absolutely everything before taking that head off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shaun,

I'm currently in the process of doing mine, been a right pain in the ****, you're lucky you got two out.. you will probably have to use an extraction tool, I did mine today with the extraction tool, first one came out easy but the second one is not playing ball at all. Just trying absolutely everything before taking that head off.
Whats an extraction tool?? An nah i aint taking the head off, thats a big job!!! Turbo intercooler swirl flaps etc... to much hassle lol, 2 of mine came out easy, but the other 2 the threads just screwed off with centre piece still in 🙈 A few people said drill it n re thread it but youve only got to be a touch out an thats it heads scrap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts