Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Astra 2013 reg 1.7 engine A17DTH got problem with charging system. I had changed three alternators and 3 batteries and problem not cured.Alternator current is not stable with full load it drop down to battery volts (12.5).Some time it goes to 15.2 volts with engine running on idle with no extra load. If I switch on the accessories its slowly drop down to battery volts but remember no battery warning light.
I have checked earth and battery mains wire from alternator to battery and nothing wrong with the wiring.
Any body got any idea what's wrong with the car.Any help appreciated

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
261 Posts
I got Astra 2013 reg 1.7 engine A17DTH got problem with charging system. I had changed three alternators and 3 batteries and problem not cured.Alternator current is not stable with full load it drop down to battery volts (12.5).Some time it goes to 15.2 volts with engine running on idle with no extra load. If I switch on the accessories its slowly drop down to battery volts but remember no battery warning light.
I have checked earth and battery mains wire from alternator to battery and nothing wrong with the wiring.
Any body got any idea what's wrong with the car.Any help appreciated

Read this

S/S changing the battery need to reset the bcm

Ask @valer about it...to me im not too sure about diesel engine...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read this

S/S changing the battery need to reset the bcm

Ask @valer about it...to me im too sure about diesel engine...
Thanks for your reply. Its not got S/S system in the car and diagnostic system won't give option of resetting the bcm as this option is not available. But its got battery saver thing on earth terminal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
May sound daft check the earth n the battery strap my Astra h Derv done two alternators in a week down to the earth strap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May sound daft check the earth n the battery strap my Astra h Derv done two alternators in a week down to the earth strap
Yes I already checked the earth strap. From battery it goes to body and from there it goes direct to starter body.
And +ive goes via fuse to alternator and it bridge in between to starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you taken it off cleaned it up bit sand paper rub the connections make sure they’re clean myne looked cleane but cleaned them up sorted the issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you taken it off cleaned it up bit sand paper rub the connections make sure they’re clean myne looked cleane but cleaned them up sorted the issue
Yes I already done that. The thing is current goes up to 15.5 some times on idle running and drop itself .I put jump lead from battery to engine to see it makes any difference and it doesn't make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts