Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a bit about EGR Valve issues on the 1.9 CDTI and have thoroughly cleaned the EGR valve and refitted. NO joy. Swirl Flaps are intact and working fine (From what I can see).

Removed and clean the Torque Sensor as well cos that was boggy!

No joy either. Still low power through the gears and foot to floor in 2nd gets nothing.. only when Turbo kicks in does the car feel like it used to.

Put it on a simple diagnostic at a local repair shop I use to avoid the theft of £90 from my pocket for the privilage and 2 codes kept coming back.

U2103 - CAN BUS and P0100 AIR FLOW/ MASS SENSOR

Could it be anything else other than these faults? I've checked the AIR FLOW SENSOR and it's as Clean as a Whistle inside?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated... Car is just out of Warranty as well! 50K on the clock and I'm a 2nd owner. :(

It's a great fun car to drive and for this to happen saddens me :(

cheers

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Welcome to AON (Y)

Have you checked the connection to the sensor as well as the condition? When was the car last serviced?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks,

Connection to which sensor?

Last serviced about 6months ago.

EDIT:

Air Flow Sensor Connection seems fine all 4 points look clean inside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Less than 8000 I'd say. I do a fair bit of motor way commuting.

Is it possible to remove the mesh from the one side of the Air Flow Sensor housing at all? And if so what tool is best for the job?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to have resolved itself after a good scraping and cleanout of the inlet manifold side of the EGR!! lot's of soot = a poorly engine :( like a rocket again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks MollyGoogle, Just been up and down to North Wales in it and the single roads of the a470 past Brecon we're a joy to drive! lots of torque to pull round all the big volvo's and lorries! boosh.. turbo. gone :) appy days.

·
Registered
616 Posts
How did you clean the inlet manifold where the EGR attaches to? I cleaned my EGR last month but couldn't really do much cleaning wise to the hole in the inlet manifold itself...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you clean the inlet manifold where the EGR attaches to? I cleaned my EGR last month but couldn't really do much cleaning wise to the hole in the inlet manifold itself...
Hi Nugget,

After removing the EGR valve itself, the surround of the inlet where the EGR connects onto was caked in soot.. and the 2 horizontal holes that let the air into the inlet were practically full with soot...

Using a rag and some carb cleaner and small fingers to scrape the soot away! (I tried a screw driver to push the soot out of the way of the holes.. not sure if that's a good thing due to the soot entering the main body of the inlet manifold... it should kick it out the back eventually anyways!)

After scraping the excess soot away, I was able to clean the whole inlet area so it was completely clear of soot...

And that my friends is Appy Days :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ahh, so you basically just scrapped away at whatever you could access, that sounds simple enough. When I cleaned my EGR last time, I over tightened one of the four bolts so am worried about doing it again :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts