Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im putting carbon fibre on my roof of my astra h 05 plate today and was wondering how the Arial comes off the roof so gives me a flat surface to go over?

Also to the side rails just pop out? Or are they bolted??

Thanks
Oz

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The inside rails jist pop off mate. And the aerial comes off by pulling the roof lining down out of the boot (will need to take parcel shelf off) and getting the the aerial that way. On mine it was a massive bolt holding it in and takes a while to loosen. Thn firther up the wire there is a clip thay you just need to pull out. Then the aerial should be free.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
The inside rails jist pop off mate. And the aerial comes off by pulling the roof lining down out of the boot (will need to take parcel shelf off) and getting the the aerial that way. On mine it was a massive bolt holding it in and takes a while to loosen. Thn firther up the wire there is a clip thay you just need to pull out. Then the aerial should be free.
How does the roof lining actually come apart? I'm quite interested in this as well as I'd like to gloss black my roof soon (Y)

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
The internal fabric roof ( head ) lightning is held on by the same clips as the door cards. So comes of in roughly the same manner ( but use less force lol)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If you undo the rear seat belt covers and pop the lining out the the top of the front seat belt covers you can get enough access to remove the bolt and plug.

The lining is just held on with velcro.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I wrapped round my aerial while it was in place, complete pain in the ass.

Apparently the roof will unclip at the back by the boot and you can get your hand in to undo the fixing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts