Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna be needing some rotas and pads in the next few months.. now i know about the t8 330s but where would be a good place to get the 343 rotas from without needing to pay with an arm and leg?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
are these for the vxr branded caliper kits that courtenays etc sell? if so find out how much for two sets of discs as i need a set very soon as well.

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gave godspeed a ring and atm they dont have anything that would fit.. and as they dont know what the setup on the bell is like the 330mm discs they have for the ap bells might not fit :/ so if anyone has a spare 343mm rota + bell to send that would be lovely as i dont wanna pay aps prices!!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Will these fit with standard callipers ??
Possibly but i doubt it. Better getting decent 4piston calipers to go with. Will make a huge differance

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I'm not sure on brakes, just a wee bit so wont stear you wrong but someone will help. 888 boys will be able to help (Y)

·
Registered
561 Posts
the discs for the vxr kit use a 28mm thick disc, and the the caliper halfs are narrower than normal so they would clear the 19" vxr rim spokes, and the pads are also a bit thineer on the material, that is why the parts are more expensive, was told that by AP customer services today and courtenay sport, as they are more one off parts in less demand there for they are more expensive, which dont help as a pair of discs are £550, fixing bolts are £30 for to sets, and pads from £80 up to £400..

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry what bells do you have ?? Also was the above sarcastic or not im lost 200 is better than t8 discs lol
its £345 including vat for the godspeed ones for the t8.. so £200 before vat is a very good price and as for bells i have the 343mm ap 4 pot set up so other then that i dont actually know tbh? :/

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are going racing, good luck with the brake thing.
I got my Astra H, with factory disks and APEX pads. Outstansding cold pads.
So, front,I had factory fit disc + APEX pad. Excellent cold pad, H rating when cold.
Once I started charging the car over twisties, brake fade exceded my tolerence.
I fitted new set of TRW disks and Ferodo Premier pads. I have now 400 mile on them and they are as good cold for my daily comute, as they are at tenp on charge through twisties and over mountains.
For every day running, I recomend Ferodo Premier.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Beware Godspeed over 280mm grooved, treat them wrong and they will warp on you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Beware Godspeed over 280mm grooved, treat them wrong and they will warp on you.
If you treat them wrong as in not bedding them in properly , or doing track days and not letting them cool off before stopping with keeping you foot on the brake then yes you can warp any disc , but treat them right and you should have no problems with them

1 - 20 of 29 Posts