Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone give me any clues as to the relevance of codes etched on car glass.

For instance AS2M3240 DOT682 43R-001582 this number is on the front offside door, it also bears the transparency of 70%, I am aware that this is the amount of light transmitted by the glass, for legal purposes.

Do any of the characters give an indication of a batch or date of production?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have standard factory fit glass in an SRi? Well could you tell me if the front offside and nearside have 70% transparency glass, with a windscreen glass of 75%?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Does anyone have standard factory fit glass in an SRi? Well could you tell me if the front offside and nearside have 70% transparency glass, with a windscreen glass of 75%?
my 2004 design has 70% for the side windows with 75% for the windscreen,the sri would be the same,all my glass is the original gm glass

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my 2004 design has 70% for the side windows with 75% for the windscreen,the sri would be the same,all my glass is the original gm glass
Cheers, I'm grabbing as much evidence as I can, in preparation before a legal war with the selling dealer, which rather saddens me. It's not their fault in my opinion, it's a manufacturing defect which should rest with Vauxhall.

So I'm hoping that we really don't have to fight over the problem and Vauxhall simply stump-up the cash... without a war :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 1.8 Design Estate had 70% side and 75% front

whats the legal issue?
Well I know for one thing that front side windows "by law" must have a minimum transparency of 70%. I'm not sure about windscreens transparency, I thought the same 70% applied to them also, it's quite possible Vauxhall factory fit with an extra 5% safety margin.

So all those naughty people should admit to having front tints which reduce transparency to below 70% at their local police station :nah:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My exact same question for the Astra I,ve just bought. The glass all around seems factory fit but because I can,t see into the car from near side or offside but it is marked 70% transparency I still wonder whether it is legal. Awaiting the first interest from the law.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts