Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states...

after having driven some quick cars this week and also having a lamborghini track day wednesday im getting depressed with how slow my car is !
just wondering if anyone has mapped or had their 1.7 cdti 80 boxed ? i know people who have done it to the 1.7 100 but not noticed anything on here re the 80 version.....

·
Registered
918 Posts
I recall someone mapping their 80 to around 120 I think. Can't remember the lads name. But I'm pretty sure he used RS tuning in Leeds. Boxes for our engines are pretty pricey cos we got to get the pdi boxes so looking at around £300 for one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i know what you mean pal i have the same 80BHP version is epicly slow i drive loads of vehicles in my job and ive never driven something so slow, im in two minds weather to upgrade car or map it... let me know if you have any success.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Mapping/boxing can only do so much.. if the car is inherently a slug even mapping it to a higher power will only do so much if it isn't an engine that naturally will be able to work through the revs quicker etc. I Don't know mechanically if the 80ps version is similar to the 100, but the 100ps is bloody mental mapped. If mechanically they are similar then you could get it fairly nippy.. if there is a difference however that makes it a slug you could be fighting a losing battle my friend and an upgrade could be an option. Most decent mapping places will let you trial it and if you don't like it they will remove and give you back your cost, minus a small fee. I'd suggest pay the amount to get it mapped at a decent place that offers refunds, if after map it just doesn't tickle your fancy get the map off, refund and trade up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Map the 80 they map upto 125bhp mines running 123bhp and has bin for a couple of yrs no. The 80bhp in my eyes is better than the 100bhp as the 100 has a vvt and the vains stick and cause over boost issues and limp mode

·
Registered
918 Posts
You Kidding? :lol: The 100ps Turbo's either never die or bang at 50k on the dot. There won't be many kicking around..
Mines on nearly 90k and mines not gone so hopefully mine lasts forever. Although with the luck I've had with my car it will almost certainly blow up on the way home. Lol.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Mines on nearly 90k and mines not gone so hopefully mine lasts forever. Although with the luck I've had with my car it will almost certainly blow up on the way home. Lol.
:lol:
The 1.7's are pretty solid, I did 70k in the end with it mapped to 150ps and 247lbsft and there were days I abused that poor car. Nothing engine wise ever really went wrong with it. Brilliant car, miss it sadly :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've had my 1.7 done, goes like a bat out of hell in 3rd and 4th...
My mate remapps cars..check premier tuning or on me for more info...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts