Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So buoyed by my recent brake fixing issue I attacked a suspect oil leak from the rocker cover gasket this wknd.

Plan was do this and then clean up my calipers and paint. But like all things it did not go to plan and the engine took all wknd.

When I took off the oil pipe on right of the cover it was full of gunk. The metal tube was also full of gunk so it all came off and had a thorough clean. Took heat shield off and gave it a good clean (night mare to get off and on). Then continued to remove rocker cover only to find the spark plug wells so full of oil I couldn't even see them!. I soaked up all the oil,removed and replaced plugs. Cleaned the rocker cover itself which was also crude and renewed gasket,o rings and oil cap.

I hope that the oil in the plug well was due to the failed gasket and am amazed the car was running fine despite all the oil there tbh.

Anyway I then replaced my turbo pipes with courtney ones and did the air filter box de-restrict mod.

I just about finished before I lost light and was happy that I could drive to work in the morning as at many points I thought I would run out of time.

But disaster.

Finally I re connected one hose I forgot at the back of the rocker and this disc thing (some sort of filter) basically disintegrated with part of it stuck in each pipe!. Soo anoyed.going to have to bus it now till I can get it fixed.

But what is it? And the clips look strange as well.Can I cut the pipe and attach jubilee clips once I get a new disc thing?

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
The disk thing white(pos clear) and black will be the one way valve for the throttle body breather.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Definitely the one way valve as Dov says.
You might find you can work the old bits old and squeeze the new one on, but otherwise, just lever the clips off and replace with small jubilees.
I wouldn't shorten the pipe as there's not much spare.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts