Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm replacing the F23 gearbox on my MK4 Astra with an F35 from an Opel 2.2 DTI and was working on the car over the weekend, I had to remove the console tunnel trim so I could get to the F23's gear selector to remove it because it uses a cable shift linkage and the F35 that's going in uses a rod shift linkage.

When I removed the console tunnel trim I found two electrical connectors behind the trim in the driver side footwell, there is a Green 12 pin connector with a few wires attached to it and a smaller Black 2 pin connector with a Green and a White wire attached to it, I know they're not for heated seats because I have heated seats, I was hoping someone may be able to tell me what they are for ?

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is it only the petrol turbo's that have traction control? i know you can buy the switch and loom for them if there isn't one fitted and it must plug in somewhere,

It looks as though the traction control loom is wired to a relay in the engine bay so probably not what your plugs are for then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a traction control switch somewhere that I picked up from an Astra being broken which I brought some other parts from, I found a wiring diagram for the TC switch ages ago somewhere and I thought I'd have to splice it into the wiring loom, I'm going to the garage later I could see if the switch fits the connector, if it fits it will make adding the TC switch much easier, then it will just leave the other connector I need to find out what its for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts