Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought drl smd to replace the yellow ones but now my main bulbs look yellow. Gonna buy a hid kit when I know which one to get and then I need someone to fit them if possible as I have no idea what to do. Obviously I'll pay you :)

please let let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
where abouts are you?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im pretty sure on the new models its just change the bulb without removing any bumper? The DRL were simple, but i still don't know anything about wiring and ballast etc

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Im pretty sure on the new models its just change the bulb without removing any bumper? The DRL were simple, but i still don't know anything about wiring and ballast etc
i done mine, its easier to drop the front bumper to do as you need to make a 22mm hole (would need to check drill bit) into the rear cap but mine was awkawrd todo passenger side in place

but im from newport end. but can do it for you.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i done mine, its easier to drop the front bumper to do as you need to make a 22mm hole (would need to check drill bit) into the rear cap but mine was awkawrd todo passenger side in place

but im from newport end. but can do it for you.
Thats fine mate I'd travel to get them fitted. Do you know which ones i need. i want them white to go with the drl i have. How much do you charge Dan? An isnt it possible to just get some that just swap over rather than drilling etc? I don't mind paying more for that if they are available. But i really have no idea what I'm buying.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i run these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-GTC-9012-HID-CANBUS-PRO-2010-2012-FULL-KIT-WITH-DRL-SIDELIGTHS-/171163683668?hash=item27da268b54:g:t9sAAOxyV-xR5ypq (my car in a photo)

you can get new caps but i dont know how much they cost. i wouldn't charge to do as it a easy enough job
OK ill happily buy those, but they come with drl lights that I done need as I have some. So every single hid kit requires some drilling and the bumper popped off mate is it? really appreciate you doing it for free Dan.

Also your drl in that pic is in dim mode then right?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This item does not fit Vauxhall Astra GTC 2015 MK VI [2011-2015] Hatchback 1.6 SIDi.

those aren't for my car mate

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
thats strange as the GTC's all run the same lights unless it has AFL

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not sure mate but thats what t says when i check my car. Thats why i was sure if the bumper needs to come off because the holes for the headlights look like you can just slips your hands right in like the drl lol. As with the drl i was told i would have to take the air filer off and fuse box etc and it was easy i didn't take anything off just turned 2 knobs.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
image.jpg went with London colour ones in the end mate. I'll have a look at them when they come back and see if the bumper still needs to come off or not and I'll let you know mate. Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi mate are you still ok to do this for me? I've got the hid kit already. Did u have to put projector units in as well? I read somewhere if you don't it will scatter the light all over the shop and could dazzle other drivers?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Hi mate are you still ok to do this for me? I've got the hid kit already. Did u have to put projector units in as well? I read somewhere if you don't it will scatter the light all over the shop and could dazzle other drivers?
ye no a issue. the GTC's come with bi-xenon projector units as standard

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ye no a issue. the GTC's come with bi-xenon projector units as standard
sweet mate thanks so much. I opened the boxes to see whats in them and knew just by looking at them i wouldn't know where to start lol. just lemme know whenever your gonna have time to do them and ill pop up whenever your free. Cheers Dan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts