Astra Owners Network banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

156.4US $ 8% OFF|Car radio For Buick Excelle 2 opel astra j multimedia android 2009 2014 GPS navigation Tesla screen style Video|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
Hi, i have one of those to but I don’t know why my touchscreen is not working, have any idea why ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone receive any instructions with this? I dropped it off to the mechanic today and he's asked for them as he's working blind with it? Is it easy enough to fit without them i.e plug and play etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi buddy. Wondering if could ask a couple of questions. I notice in some screenshots half the buttons are blue, is that right? (I have red buttons and red accent lighting in my CDTi). Also I noticed comments from some saying a piece of the dash has to be cut away which holds the old radio? What exactly needs to be cut away and does it impair refitting the OEM radio later? Thanks!

I have one of the DriveAudio / Car Vision units currently. I like it but its always bugged me that can’t get internet to it for live traffic / USB and SD Card audio is slow as hell and not useable (and playing mp3 from CD Player is a nightmare as everytime SatNav speaks it spools down the CD!) not to mention the CarPlay addon they fitted me couple of years later constantly crashes From day one. I now see they went out of business (unless they trade as someone else now?). So interested in this thing.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have one of the DriveAudio / Car Vision units currently. I now see they went out of business (unless they trade as someone else now?).
I also have one of the Car Vision units. I play any MP3s through the USB connections of the device. That can be slow to load though when also using the Sat Nav of the device. I tend to load the MP3 music first, then the Sat Nav.

The only bug mine seems to have is that it doesn't always connect to my phone properly. i.e. when making or receiving a call, it doesn't always output the phone audio through the device. This is only very occasional though. People can hear you, it's just that you can't hear them.

According to Companies House, Car Vision, and all the other names the company was called has been dissolved. John Pedlow was the company director.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

154.7US $ 9% OFF|Car radio For Buick Excelle 2 opel astra j multimedia android 2009 2014 GPS navigation Tesla screen style Video|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
I have just installed this and everything OK but I have no sounds for parking sensors and seat belts ect. Any idea what's wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts

done this video if you want to see, sorry for the production skills of witch i have none..., if there is anything specific you would like to know or have any questions, just ask. Thanks
orite mate I've just got this unit all is working fine apart from the speed dials on the home screen when you swipe left on the music player at the bottom does yours read the speed and revs mate

·
Registered
1 Posts

144.5US $ 15% OFF|Car radio For Opel astra j 2 Buick Excelle 2009 2014 Multimedia Player Android GPS Navigation Tesla screen style Video|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
hi, which cable did you use for backup camera from AV in, Av out, camera, front camera? i tryied all but in not turning on my camera. thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks cool. Would be interested to see some pictures of the unit in action. The listing on the aliexpress page doesn't fill me with confidence as it's a bit fake looking!
Looking to get one for my GTC and just wondering if anyone can answer my questions.

Where and how much?
Does it run smoothly?
Can you connect to the car speakers (I've looked at quite a few and some seem to use their own audio system)?
Would you recommend?
Iceboxauto.com, Liverpool based. I got same head unit and I'm more than pleased. £350.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I've been looking for a unit for my Opel Astra J 2009 for days now and keep getting mind-boggled by the many different experiences people seem to be having with them.

1. Can someone share a link to a model that has 100% functional FM radio? I've heard people having signal issues after switching from the built-in unit to the aftermarket one.
2. Has anyone here been having issues with the speakers? I hear some people's sound systems went coo-coo after installing the unit?
3. Has anyone experienced issues with the navigation, i.e it not being able to center on the car itself, but rather centers on a random point somewhere on Earth or the like?
4. How is the call quality? I read stories of people having very poor sound.
5. Do you connect via hotspot or use a SIM card? Some forums have stories from people whose hotspot connection keeps breaking up.

I'm trying to recollect all the experiences that I've read from people and ask about them, as I fear the multimedia guy in my city isn't 100% reliable when it comes to troubleshooting, so once I get the unit installed, I don't think I'll be able to get any major bugs fixed by him.

Here's a pic of the model he puts in if it makes a difference:

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

Thanks in advance, mates, cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts

134.4US $ 16% OFF|Car Radio For Opel astra j 2 Buick Excelle 2009 2014 Multimedia Player Android GPS Navigation Tesla screen style Video|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
Hi some how I have changed user on my head unit but can't change it back as there is nothing on new user please help

41 - 52 of 52 Posts