Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get one for my GTC and just wondering if anyone can answer my questions.

Where and how much?
Does it run smoothly?
Can you connect to the car speakers (I've looked at quite a few and some seem to use their own audio system)?
Would you recommend?

·
3,897 Posts
It looks like you copied & pasted your text from another source, meaning that for those of us who use the default skin, it is appearing black on a dark grey background! I have removed the formatting for you to make it more readable on all devices.

One thing to be aware of with touch-screen is that it can be difficult to operate when driving. The 8" screen in my Passat can be tricky - it would have been better if they had something like the BMW iDrive to control it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-9-7-Inch-Vertical-Car-Multimedia-GPS-Radio-4G-Audio-For-Opel-Astra-J-Vauxhall/32951278507.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a794c4dc7tDKr

·
3,897 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-9-7-Inch-Vertical-Car-Multimedia-GPS-Radio-4G-Audio-For-Opel-Astra-J-Vauxhall/32951278507.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a794c4dc7tDKr
That looks cool. Would be interested to see some pictures of the unit in action. The listing on the aliexpress page doesn't fill me with confidence as it's a bit fake looking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont get the TK1974 model .... tried install and cant seem to get the steering controls to work and getting airbag error as well , plus trying to find any firmware updates is a nightmare .

·
Registered
7 Posts

done this video if you want to see, sorry for the production skills of witch i have none..., if there is anything specific you would like to know or have any questions, just ask. Thanks
Hi Markus.
Not sure if you are still a member. But interested in getting this for my Astra. Do you still have it, any problem with it a year down the line and does it all work ok with steering controls? Sorry lots of questions but want to get the right one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I just want to say a few words about my 10.1 inch one I got in my astra. Firstly the unit itself runs perfectly with only one flaw, and its a whopper! I bought mine from ali express from a company called kirknavi . My reverse parking cam works , dab + works, navi works(perfectly with waze). The system itself is running android 9.0. The major issue i am having is that I'm getting a error code regarding passenger airbag on off indicator, I don't know if it is an issue with the wiring harness they provided ,or the way I installed it. Any help on this would be much appreciated, as car is up for mot next month and is a instant fail with this problem . As regards to advice on buying one , HELL YES GO FOR IT just get it professionally fitted as to avoid the stress I'm going through right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts