Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get one for my GTC and just wondering if anyone can answer my questions.

Where and how much?
Does it run smoothly?
Can you connect to the car speakers (I've looked at quite a few and some seem to use their own audio system)?
Would you recommend?

·
3,903 Posts
It looks like you copied & pasted your text from another source, meaning that for those of us who use the default skin, it is appearing black on a dark grey background! I have removed the formatting for you to make it more readable on all devices.

One thing to be aware of with touch-screen is that it can be difficult to operate when driving. The 8" screen in my Passat can be tricky - it would have been better if they had something like the BMW iDrive to control it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/And...507.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a794c4dc7tDKr

·
3,903 Posts
Hi, i have a 10" screen in my Astra J, I bought it from Aliexpress. it all fit as it should, all works as it should, it uses the cars audio system and all the canbus items work. Steering controls work, when put in reverse the camera screen comes up automatically.

Anything you need to know just ask, i will see if i can put up some pics of the install if you like.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/And...507.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7a794c4dc7tDKr
That looks cool. Would be interested to see some pictures of the unit in action. The listing on the aliexpress page doesn't fill me with confidence as it's a bit fake looking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont get the TK1974 model .... tried install and cant seem to get the steering controls to work and getting airbag error as well , plus trying to find any firmware updates is a nightmare .

·
Registered
7 Posts

done this video if you want to see, sorry for the production skills of witch i have none..., if there is anything specific you would like to know or have any questions, just ask. Thanks
Hi Markus.
Not sure if you are still a member. But interested in getting this for my Astra. Do you still have it, any problem with it a year down the line and does it all work ok with steering controls? Sorry lots of questions but want to get the right one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I just want to say a few words about my 10.1 inch one I got in my astra. Firstly the unit itself runs perfectly with only one flaw, and its a whopper! I bought mine from ali express from a company called kirknavi . My reverse parking cam works , dab + works, navi works(perfectly with waze). The system itself is running android 9.0. The major issue i am having is that I'm getting a error code regarding passenger airbag on off indicator, I don't know if it is an issue with the wiring harness they provided ,or the way I installed it. Any help on this would be much appreciated, as car is up for mot next month and is a instant fail with this problem . As regards to advice on buying one , HELL YES GO FOR IT just get it professionally fitted as to avoid the stress I'm going through right now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all I have one for sale brought it from aliexpress
1GB 32bit its work great except for 4g sim but I use hotspot and everything works great
It touch screen only but some functions works off streering wheel
Play store satnav Google it all there which is great
Anyone interested please call Calvin on 07515386942

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Calvin how much was you looking for it ? And was it bought from kirknavi? I have one installed in my motor but has failed on me. Cuts on and off randomly

·
Registered
5 Posts
No didn't buy it from there got it off Runav I'm looking to get £120 all works great except 4g sim I just use my hotspot no warning signs on my dashboard
I'm going to advertise it on Ebay after xmas
Sorry to hear you got a bad one
I read the reviews on that kirknavi not good
I'm up dating mine to a more expensive one 4GB 64rom

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
No didn't buy it from there got it off Runav I'm looking to get £120 all works great except 4g sim I just use my hotspot no warning signs on my dashboard
I'm going to advertise it on Ebay after xmas
Sorry to hear you got a bad one
I read the reviews on that kirknavi not good
I'm up dating mine to a more expensive one 4GB 64rom
Hi Calvin,

Don’t suppose this is still for sale by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No sorry unit is sold now
But dont be put off buying from Aliexpress as I'm on my 2nd one lot better than the one I had for sale but it was a lot more money
Well worth for the looks and what it can do
4gb 64G

·
Registered
2 Posts
No sorry unit is sold now
But dont be put off buying from Aliexpress as I'm on my 2nd one lot better than the one I had for sale but it was a lot more money
Well worth for the looks and what it can do
4gb 64G
No worries - worth a try!

Any chance you could point me in the direction of the model you bought? Tad confused by the number of options out there - just looking for a unit to connect to a phone for music/nav. Probably going to get one ordered today all things permitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There was a problem had to pay import tax £60 wasn't happy about that but works great no problem at well with trying to get 4g as unit was set to a Chinese mobile carrier but if you want internet turn hotspot on phone and unit will connect
Good luck let me know how you get on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I’m looking for a unit much like the ones discussed here, but need one that works with the ECO button. Has anyone had any experience with these units and could possibly recommend one?

I’ve seen this

And also this

Any info anyone has will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts

158.1US $ 7% OFF|Car radio For Buick Excelle 2 opel astra j multimedia android 2009 2014 GPS navigation Tesla screen style Video|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
I have the same 10,1” for my Astra J
The video from the reverse camera is on the whole screen and it doesn’t show the real picture. The picture is tall, cars and all objects are tallest.
Do you know how can I setup to have normal picture on the half screen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed mine but im missing all my car settings that i use to have like door locks when driving ect. In car settings I just have Lunguage - Yes spelt like that.. really odd. Anyone know what to do? also there were 2 connections that had no where to go so I left them out.. i dont know what they do and no socket to put them in either.
However to anwser the question of halfing the reversing camera that setting is in the main car settings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts