Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a photo of an H estate with Vx XP sill extension, with the doors open showing front and back. Just looking for any obvious reason for 131 999 15 or 131 999 16 not being an appropriate fit.

I don't want waste money on painting, only to find out the reason why they won't fit the old Sri!!! It's worrying me cos' getting em' painted isn't cheap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Shaz, I think I've got the reasons for a number of suppliers commonly saying that the sills don't fit Sri Estates.

It's because they have picked up that sills are often supplied as part of an XP kit, which generally comprises of - front bumper, rear bumper, side sills and "rear tailgate spoiler", now of course the Sri already has the rear tailgate spoiler. So a number of suppliers quote that the "kit" is unsuitable for the Sri and this has perhaps spread to sills only, causing a little confusion. I sent a chat mail to a well known supplier last week, who responded that this was probably the cause of the misunderstanding.

I subsequently sent a PM to well respected contributor on here, he said he saw no problem with 131 999 15 and 16 on the Sri, just as you have said.

It's just one of those misunderstandings by the looks of things... perhaps some suppliers have caused concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts