Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this issue on Corsa D Uk website but still been waiting for reply so i though i might as well post it here in case if anyone here has experienced any similar issue before

Corsa D 1.2 Limited Edition: 61 plate

High revs on idle and in gears and neutral after cleaning the throttle body (when changing gears the revs are high)

Throttle body was bit clogged and juddering so gave it a clean, (I had the throttle body disconnected) (also had the battery disconnected)

Why am i having this issue? No error codes

Do i have to get the Tech-2 or op-com to reset it? or is there way of doing it manually (to make the throttle body learn its way)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

where could i be able to find the throttle sensor on my Corsa, Where abouts would it be located?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have posted this issue on Corsa D Uk website but still been waiting for reply so i though i might as well post it here in case if anyone here has experienced any similar issue before

Corsa D 1.2 Limited Edition: 61 plate

High revs on idle and in gears and neutral after cleaning the throttle body (when changing gears the revs are high)

Throttle body was bit clogged and juddering so gave it a clean, (I had the throttle body disconnected) (also had the battery disconnected)

Why am i having this issue? No error codes

Do i have to get the Tech-2 or op-com to reset it? or is there way of doing it manually (to make the throttle body learn its way)
Don't know how it's reset on Vauxhalls but with VW's you need vag-com which plugs into the OBD to reset the position of the TB, when you cleaned it you freed all the gunk but the position of the butterfly has remained letting in more air. It needs to be reset, I believe, but could be wrong but you may need the Tech2 thingymabob.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday i opened the throttle body again to put in new gasket and one of the new bolt as the threading of the bolt was finished. I gave it a quick clean again to all pipes and to throttle body. I checked all the pipes and connections to the throttle body, all is clean and well connected. Also had the battery off for the whole day, connected the battery earlier and started the car, had the car On for 10mins and as soon as it started the revs were little bit high and it got settled little bit after at around 700 revs, after that went for a drive for about 50 mins, sometimes revs were stable and sometimes the revs were struggling at idle. Idle revs were quite rough as they were up and down from 500 to 700 revs. When i change the gear from 1st to 2nd gear the revs weren't dropping (when the clutch is pressed) as quick as it should in other gears also the car struggles in 2nd gear (judders/hiccups in 2nd gear once the clutch is released here and there). Feels like the power is not there

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Drawing air, u sure u tightened everything properly? Fubar bolt hasnt threaded the hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Some 1.2 throttles bodies can have the position adjusted by playing with some screws inside which is known to fix the fault you are experiencing. Guides can be found on Google. Alternatively get a replacement throttle body as nothing you've done so far would be likely to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
To be clear, your symptoms have only appeared after cleaning your TB, I think, if you gave it another clean, or a wipe round , re -check your work etc, it might cure all, as said you may have disturbed a vac pipe, or disloged some muck blocking the vac hole in the tb.

I think its worth a try

B

Ps You should be able to blow air though the vac hole in the TB

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i have cleaned it again day before yesterday when i took it off again. I made sure this time that everything is air tight (is there any other way to check for air leak)

Took the car for another drive today, 15mins later engine management light (EML) came on and took the car to garage for a code scan as i couldn't get any codes from doing a pedal test. After doing a code check had a error code came up for the MAP i think - Code is: p0106

Could the MAP sensor has gone dirty while cleaning the manifold bit with a cloth or damaged it while cleaning?

IF there is a MAP sensor when could i find it and how does it look like?

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Some 1.2 throttles bodies can have the position adjusted by playing with some screws inside which is known to fix the fault you are experiencing. Guides can be found on Google. Alternatively get a replacement throttle body as nothing you've done so far would be likely to fix the problem.
Have you looked at this and confirmed it's not the case ^^ ??

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The sensor fine fine before

I don't think if this had that kind of screw as i can't find it maybe looking at the wrong place?

Any idea where is could be if there is any?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was very careful when i cleaned the throttle body, not too much pressure when i was cleaning it.

anyways just cleaned the MAP sensor and it was soaked in brown wet stuff and little bit carbon on it, i cleaned the area where MAP sensor sits and that was also full of wet brown stuff (oily kinda look). Cleaned it with Carb Cleaner (had the battery disconnected)

just stared the car about 5 mins ago, going to let it settle and go for a drive

with update later

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hhrrmmm hope not. After driving the car earlier, juddering in 2nd gear is kinda less now, but the revs are still the same, doesn't drop as it should, also the idle is up and down when car is in neutral 500 revs to 750 revs :banghead:

Im thinking to check the MAF and MAP sensors reading to see if they are working fine, as i had a code for MAP sensor yesterday (EML)

What is the correct way to check if the sensors are working or not?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trying to find which sensor is good or bad MAF or MAP sensor: (Trying different methods)

Anything spose to happened if i take off the MAF sensor plug while car is running? (And put the MAF sensor plug back on while engine is running) would the car stall or not?

Also what If i leave MAF sensor unplugged and start the car would anything happened then? will it start or not?

If i try the same method as above on the MAP sensor (what should i be looking at)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts