Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Basically the front bumper on my 888 does not meet with the wings right, I have tried refitting 3-4 times but have decided that the bumper is actually mis-shaped so think I'm going to buy another new bumper and get the 888 bumper arches and splitter moulded on and fit it, but had an idea of moulding my splitter and arches to a GSI bumper and fitting that, I know it may have to go into a body shop to have the arches extended etc but:

Do you think this would be worth while?

Has anyone tried this before?

What do you think to the idea?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It would be very tricky to do as the lines of the coupe and gsi bumpers are completely different. I'd just get another coupe bumper and stick the 888 arches and splitter onto that, problem solved :). If you do try it though take many pictures :)

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Coupe front bumpers are cut up the sides to fit the 888 kit onto it, they are a bugger to fit and you basically bolt the bumper to the bottom of the wing (through the bottom of the wing outwards.

It dosent just 'clip on' like most bumpers.

P.s. I also think trying to use a GSI bumper on a 888 is a daft idea, but each to there own, imo if you wanted a car with a GSI front bumper, go n get a gsi.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
P.s. I also think trying to use a GSI bumper on a 888 is a daft idea, but each to there own, imo if you wanted a car with a GSI front bumper, go n get a gsi.
/\/\/\ This!

I think you'll ruin it by adding a GSI bumper, the heritage will be lost.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair enough point taken, another coupe bumper it is :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How can I refuse I deal like that lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
Andy i have 888 no53, had loads of issues with the bumper but it's now on really well, bonded on with new clips under the wings and had audi a4 bumper reinforcers fitted between sub frame and corners of bumper to hold it correctly. Originally had no splitter so bought no36's splitter when it was broken and fitted it to a new coupe bumper, you do really need a coupe bumper, if you want it right go new, secondhand always comes with issues, broken clips and things. Sorry to but in but thought i could help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts