Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any ideas?(Zafira A 1.8 2003)

So i been out today in the bus done about 100 miles on the motorway no problem, coming off the motorway i went to geardown and put the car in 3rd from 5th instead i hit 1st:shock: , anyway got home and noticed the spanner light was on bus is still driving with no problems so i tried to do the pedal test but it just wouldnt work i tried about 10 times but it wouldnt have it,I've done the pedal test loads of times in the past without a problem,is there anything you can think of that i may have done by putting the car in first gear and why the pedal test wont work anymore?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
40,693 Posts
No idea the pedal test won't work but I'm guessing you'll have a fault about engine 'overspeed' P0219

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for about half hour and see if that resets the dash light.

Or you can go to a garage and get the car plugged in and get codes read?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try disconnecting the battery for about half hour and see if that resets the dash light.

Or you can go to a garage and get the car plugged in and get codes read?
Yeah i've disconnected the battery allready im gonna give it another half hour and see if not i guess it will have to go on the computer.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
All the best buddy. Just keep us updated and if you need anymore help then "holla at us" :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so i put the battery back on and its still the same the spanner light is still there and i still cant do the pedal test....I dont get it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back again:)

So i went and put the bus on the computer today and this is what it came up with

p1120
p1550

p0110
p0170

The first two i know relate to the throttle body and pedal i had problems with the throttle body before in the end i put a new one on and that was that,anyway we tried to erase the codes we managed to get rid of P0110,we rescanned and then we got P0170?im not sure if he cleared that code but he said P1120 and p1550 would not clear and the spanner light could not be turned out so the fault must be constantly there,so when i got home i thought id unplug the throttle pedal and see what happened i unplugged it plugged it back in and the spanner light went out i havent been out in the bus yet but the light seems to have stayed out when i have been turning the ignition on and off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts