Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be really grateful for some help. I have an 05 Twinport 1.6 Astra and my washer pump doesn't work. The manual doesn't identify a fuse but I removed the pump and did a volt check on the plug while a mate operated the lever, and my meter showed power. I only get home weekends so I'd already sourced a replacement pump which I put in. This didn't work either and a continuity check of the original motor looked good. I'm running out of ideas (and patience) and would welcome a suggestion of what to try next. Instinct suggests an earth problem somewhere but I'm not sure how to check this.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
if your getting the pump frrrrrrrr noise when attempting to use then the problem could well be a blocked filter which is on the exit pipe of your bottle it can get clogged up. Access is through the wheel arch I think. No idea if it making no noise but showing power. Get a Haynes manual for the wiring diagrams which could help trace the earth fault if there is one. couple of the guys on here are the experts with wiring side of things. So they may have more but the filter is a common one. Worth a shot its free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestion jdscot. There wasn't any sound from the pump so I don't think it's a problem with the filter. Looks as though I'll need to go earth-chasing though I'm not too sure where to begin. I appreciate your interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your suggestions, which set me off the right track. The answer was simple (as always ... afterwards!) The pins in the new pump's connector are smaller than the pins in the original pump, so they weren't making contact with the plug. Really simple when you know what the problem was, but a swine to fault-find. Anyhow, *all* I need to do is source another replacement pump that has the right size pins - preferably without paying main dealer prices. Any suggestions welcome and many help for the help and support so far. :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.