Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a silly question but ive found a cim module thats identical to mine... 2 things to ask..
It hasnt been unpaired from the other car, so can this be done connected to my car...
And its off a left hand drive model too, will this matter

Appreciate any help
Thanks
Dannnnyy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
In can be re-set when fitted to your car only if it's supplied with it's security code,
but Identical in what ways,part number,single or dual stage airbags,315 or 433 mhz ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that the 8 numbers and 2 letters had to match..... or should there be other numbers to match up??

·
Registered
904 Posts
If the part number and ID letters match up you should be ok,
in fact it's not always necessary they match as they produced a series of part numbers that will work just as well.
Ruling out the open and start CIMs you essentially have 2 types,single or dual stage air bags but with 315 and 433 mhz versions for the central locking pickup.
As the one your looking at is LHD i would confirm it's definitely correct regarding the airbags and central locking,a lot of LHD are 315mhz not the 433mhz we use in the UK.
As said previously if it's not got a code to enable a re-set it's a waste of time,unless you fancy swapping out the eeprom.
You can change the CIM variant coding to GB and wiper switch location with opcom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Il leave it then.. it doesnt come with the security code either so itll probably be a ball ache to get it going.... looks lime im gonna be breaking it then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts