Astra Owners Network banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just received a unit purchased exactly from the link in post #11, Homeofthejack.

I've removed the original radio unit but can't see how this tablet could possibly fit in the aperture left. There is a horizontal plastic bar which fouls on the back of the tablet. That would have to be removed by butchering the car.

Apart from the mechanical fitting issues, the unit does not power up when connected electrically. The hazard light control and door lock buttons do work. I've messaged the Chinese seller but I'm not optimistic that this unit is at all compatible with with my Astra J.

Any comments from Homeofthejack or anyone else would be gratefully received. Thanks, David.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I had a delivery just after lunch today. Just as Homeofthejack the unit is simple to install. I installed the GPS unit up on the dash where the centre speaker lives - I was out to pick my daughter up from school at 3pm! Sorry no pictures....

Mine came with a lovely white Mondeo on the home screen and buggered around in the menus and managed to change it to an Astra.

Everything comes in km/h as previously said, again I found the setting to change this but the homescreen speedo then shows in increments of 18.6mph rather than recalibrating to decent mph increments so I changed this back.

The door opening icon was also wrong but playing deep in the settings rectified this.

Strangely my indicators and warning noises now do not exist - I haven't figured this one out yet....

The radio is FM and I am going to purchase the USB dongle to use DAB+. The climate controls are across the bottom of my screen all the time, you can turn these off in the settings if you wish and it shows the time/day/date instead.

I would be interested to see what settings Homeofthejack has on his unit as a comparison.
Hi could you tell me what model you bought as I've seen some not fitting to well at the top?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts