Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I recently picked up a 2nd hand Elite Astra J, 2.0 Diesel with Start Stop. I've been looking to replace the Navi 600 unit with an Android but can't seem to find anything that's compatible with the S/S models.....

Would appreciate it if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same issue here.... Seen the tesla screens but not sure if they will work or not so puts me off getting one. But the look good
I was looking at them too. Couldn't find any that would work with my model though.

I managed to find this kit. Let's you use any standard Double Din system and by the looks of it, keeps the strip of buttons where the eco/SS buttons are.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have brought a tesla style one. Not that bothered about the eco button as the engine stop start never works anyway.

I'll update with how it goes when it gets here and installed.

Yeah, mines never really works either tbh 😂
Did after I done a 500mile round trip, then a few days later after local driving stopped again. Apparently a common problem if the battery isn't kept charged properly.

I'd appreciate it if you do mate. 👍

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah that's what vauxhall told me about the battery. After long trips it's worked a few times and a few times randomly it stop started which confused me.

It said 7 to 15 days delivery but also looks like could take them 12 days to even post it. Then I got to get it installed as not sure I'm confident enough to do it myself even though it looks fairly simple. So might be atlesst 3 weeks minimum before have a update.

Did but it off aliexpress though and spoke to someone on chat who said they have a UK warehouse so returns are easy and cheapish if have any problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
First update is its supposed to be delivered today. Very surprised how quick it was to get here... As long as it does get here. I'm trying to get someone to fit it as it looks simple but I tend to easily break things. But hopefully it not be long till its in and working 🤞

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone, new member here. I bought an Astra Elite yesterday and ordered this today;

It looks like a fun install! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Similar to the one I got but got mine from aliexpress. Went for one with a reverse camera and abit more ram and storage.

I'm trying to get someone to install mine but keep getting tempted to try myself but worried will make a mess of it. Especially when comes to the rear camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Similar to the one I got but got mine from aliexpress. Went for one with a reverse camera and abit more ram and storage.

I'm trying to get someone to install mine but keep getting tempted to try myself but worried will make a mess of it. Especially when comes to the rear camera.
Have you got a link for the one you got?
Yeah, I'd be tempted to give it a go myself tbh lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you got a link for the one you got?
Yeah, I'd be tempted to give it a go myself tbh lol
I went for the one with the car play and camera and something else 4gb ram 64gb storage. It came with a dash cam and a reversing cam. The and need the car play if you want it to work with apple or something? I don't need that but my girlfriend will. Was about £300 came super quick to be honest. Just hope can get it to work now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right.... So had a friend come round to sort out a issue with the car and while was here he fitted the radio. Its a bit fiddly but honestly it's as simple as....

Pop the cover off near the gear stick and one round the gear stick and lift it up.

Take 2 screws out where gear stick it and then the rest of the trim all pops off.

Then just under the two air vents is a little flap thst just lifts open then you have 2 bolts behind them one on each side. And two bolts at the bottom also. Then that's all the controls coming out. And a few bolts under to get the cd player box out.

Onces it's all out you just disconnect the wires. The Cd box unit is bolted onto a plastic support sort of thing. That needs to be cut off both ends and taken out so the screen can be pushed back in far enough.

Then connect all the wires you can connect. They all different sizes so will only fit in one place so makes it easy.

Then it's just pushing all the wires back in out the way and putting the screen into position and bolting it back in then put the trim back into place.

So as you can see it's simple just abit awkward.

So far I think it looks good. Generally happy with the performance. Got Internet using my Phones hotspot. But tempted to add its own sim card. The havard buttons and door lock and unlock and traction buttons all work. Don't have parking assist or boot open so they are dead buttons.

Bluetooth works. Did a phone call that worked. Maps worked.

Downloaded nova launcher so now the screen looks like a normal tablet. The default one had a red Citroën on the home screen and couldn't see a way to change it yet. Also everything is in khm and not found how to change it yet thats a bit annoying.

The dash cam came with it works but the rear cam I have the wire running to the back but just need to connect it up as not sure where to connect it to for power.

One thing I noticed is my indicators and warning noises for doors and seat belts have all changes and are more annoying than before.

I think that's about it. Any questions just ask I'll try answer. Thanks and try make a video of playing about on it at some point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right.... So had a friend come round to sort out a issue with the car and while was here he fitted the radio. Its a bit fiddly but honestly it's as simple as....

Pop the cover off near the gear stick and one round the gear stick and lift it up.

Take 2 screws out where gear stick it and then the rest of the trim all pops off.

Then just under the two air vents is a little flap thst just lifts open then you have 2 bolts behind them one on each side. And two bolts at the bottom also. Then that's all the controls coming out. And a few bolts under to get the cd player box out.

Onces it's all out you just disconnect the wires. The Cd box unit is bolted onto a plastic support sort of thing. That needs to be cut off both ends and taken out so the screen can be pushed back in far enough.

Then connect all the wires you can connect. They all different sizes so will only fit in one place so makes it easy.

Then it's just pushing all the wires back in out the way and putting the screen into position and bolting it back in then put the trim back into place.

So as you can see it's simple just abit awkward.

So far I think it looks good. Generally happy with the performance. Got Internet using my Phones hotspot. But tempted to add its own sim card. The havard buttons and door lock and unlock and traction buttons all work. Don't have parking assist or boot open so they are dead buttons.

Bluetooth works. Did a phone call that worked. Maps worked.

Downloaded nova launcher so now the screen looks like a normal tablet. The default one had a red Citroën on the home screen and couldn't see a way to change it yet. Also everything is in khm and not found how to change it yet thats a bit annoying.

The dash cam came with it works but the rear cam I have the wire running to the back but just need to connect it up as not sure where to connect it to for power.

One thing I noticed is my indicators and warning noises for doors and seat belts have all changes and are more annoying than before.

I think that's about it. Any questions just ask I'll try answer. Thanks and try make a video of playing about on it at some point.
Seems pretty simple tbh. May pick one up next month and do it myself. Cheers for the info fella 👍

·
Registered
36 Posts
Forgot to mention the radio did work but not something I plan to use and also the buttons on the stearing wheel worked. Like volume and the talk button brought up google assistant
Seems pretty simple tbh. May pick one up next month and do it myself. Cheers for the info fella 👍
No problem. Any questions just ask. Just talking to their customer service now to see if can tell me how to change the things I don't like and can't figure out. And might try do some sort of video with it at some point.

Took it to show my dad and he didn't even notice I'd changed it cause he said it looks like its supposed to be there with how it fits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention the radio did work but not something I plan to use and also the buttons on the stearing wheel worked. Like volume and the talk button brought up google assistant
That's cool. Didnt think it would use Google assistant from the steering wheel.....

Is the Radio DAB?
Does the original climate control screen still come up when you change temp, fan speed ect? Or has it changed as part of the new display?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I had a delivery just after lunch today. Just as Homeofthejack the unit is simple to install. I installed the GPS unit up on the dash where the centre speaker lives - I was out to pick my daughter up from school at 3pm! Sorry no pictures....

Mine came with a lovely white Mondeo on the home screen and buggered around in the menus and managed to change it to an Astra.

Everything comes in km/h as previously said, again I found the setting to change this but the homescreen speedo then shows in increments of 18.6mph rather than recalibrating to decent mph increments so I changed this back.

The door opening icon was also wrong but playing deep in the settings rectified this.

Strangely my indicators and warning noises now do not exist - I haven't figured this one out yet....

The radio is FM and I am going to purchase the USB dongle to use DAB+. The climate controls are across the bottom of my screen all the time, you can turn these off in the settings if you wish and it shows the time/day/date instead.

I would be interested to see what settings Homeofthejack has on his unit as a comparison.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts