Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....last night i did it....i traded my 06 Astra SRi Xp into the dealer....was offered £7,500 for it so was more than happy with the valuation and offered they'd given....will be really sad to see it go as i love my astra, has brought me so much fun and has helped me meet all the great people on here! (Y)

And in it's place is an 09 Seat Leon FR with fullt BTCC bodykit in Speed blue (custom colour option of £600! :shock: It was an ex demo car so has got all the toys on it!

However i dont have any pictures :'( it was chucking it down last night....

I pick it up either tomorrow night or Saturday...and soon as i do i'll be getting some pictures up on here for you guys...

And if you'll still have me... i won't be going anywhere...will just a traitor in a different car! :lol:

·
40,693 Posts
I've said before I think the Leons are a great looking car, I'd be hard pushed to choose if I ever downsized from the Zafira!

Good luck with your new motor and don't be a stranger (Y)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Nice one mate, they are stunning motors. That's a quick turn around, 3 days from signing the papers to picking it up! Looking forward to seeeing some pics. (Y)

Aye stick around, there's plenty of members who don't run Astras anymore. :roll:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping not to be a stranger....this site gives me too much entertainment when i'm at work! :lol: plus you guys know you're stuff with cars so always great for advice no matter what the make and model!

But yeh very quick turned around, think it's because it's an ex demo it's ready to go, just got to valet it and job done! (Y)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I'm hoping not to be a stranger....this site gives me too much entertainment when i'm at work! :lol: plus you guys know you're stuff with cars so always great for advice no matter what the make and model!

But yeh very quick turned around, think it's because it's an ex demo it's ready to go, just got to valet it and job done! (Y)
Bet you can't wait mate, at least you'll only have a couple of sleepless nights. :lol:

Guess you'll be needing a new sig then. :roll:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh i cant wait, i woke up at 6am this morning through sheer excitement, and the mrs hit me for waking her up! :lol:

But yeh i will be needing a new sig please mate! (Y) :lol: will give you lots of pics to choose from over the weekend :lol:

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Yeh i cant wait, i woke up at 6am this morning through sheer excitement, and the mrs hit me for waking her up! :lol:

But yeh i will be needing a new sig please mate! (Y) :lol: will give you lots of pics to choose from over the weekend :lol:
:lol: No doubt you'll be up even earlier on the say you can pick the car up!

Aye once you've got some pics, start a thread in the sig section stating what you'd like and I'll sort you one mate. :salute:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HUH? :confused: :lol:

:lol: No doubt you'll be up even earlier on the say you can pick the car up!

Aye once you've got some pics, start a thread in the sig section stating what you'd like and I'll sort you one mate. :salute:
Yeh i know i will, find out later today whether i get it tomorrow or saturday though...hope it's tomorrow as then i'll be out all night in it!! :D

Yeh i will do, cheers mate! (Y)

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You better stick about as ill be running a Leon very soon :)

The Speed Blue is a fantastic colour...
I will be mate, we can join forces and take over the site..........:sus: :couch:

ok maybe not! :lol:

Yeh it's the colour that sold me really, as i've never seen another one in it before....think i may be paying you a visit in the future as well mate...as this is the CR engine you were on about! (Y)

22,658 Posts
I will be mate, we can join forces and take over the site..........:sus: :couch:

ok maybe not! :lol:

Yeh it's the colour that sold me really, as i've never seen another one in it before....think i may be paying you a visit in the future as well mate...as this is the CR engine you were on about! (Y)
Thats brilliant news mate, so its the latest facelift model too? (the common rail engine is only available in the latest variant)

We have 1 system (CRD2) that works well, CRD-T is available and being used in Germany on the CR engine, plus there is a new one in development too...

So name youre weekend and we'll have an AON/ex-Astra meet :)

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats brilliant news mate, so its the latest facelift model too?

We have 1 system (CRD2) that works well, CRD-T is available and being used in Germany on the CR engine, plus there is a new one in development too...

So name youre weekend and we'll have an AON/ex-Astra meet :)
I assume so, it's an 09 plate, registered in March, only done a few thousand miles...

well tbh mate...i have no clue what one i'd need or want! :lol: thats where you're selling power and knowledge would come in to play! :rofl: and i think i'll be needing to save the pennies also as i know they're not cheap, and i know the mrs wants a trip up to newcastle at some point so could meet on the way up! (Y)

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice one lad, tbh in last couple of months ive been seriously considering a leon, good luck (Y)
Thanks mate, and if i were you, i'd do it! Insurance is a lot cheaper, it's only costing £45 extra till july, and thats probably just admin fee's :lol: but the fr is quicker than a diesel astra, and rivals it on the looks, esp with the bodykit etc....go for a test drive and i think you'll be sold! (Y)

22,658 Posts
Ive found this one...

As its got the BTCC kit on, i cant tell if its the facelift or pre-facelift...

Gorgeous car, maybe worth asking them if its PD or CR

1 - 20 of 37 Posts