Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....The collection can grow :lol:

Can remeber when i first got the astra, i had 1 bucket, 1 sponge :eek: wash n wax, and a bottle of Black T-cut stuff, then after a while added a chamois.. then another bucket... then wash mitt...then

and at the start of the month my collection looked like this

And not pictured is more cloths & brushes, two buckets, pressure washer and few other products i forgot i had :lol:

And since then ive bought more things
Get paid in a in two weeks and guess where thats going :lol::lol:

The detailing bug is even worse than the modifying bug. :lol: Since i had the body kit fitted on the astra ive spend a few pound on modifiying £20 max. spent a bloody fortune on detailing stuff :lol: I cant walk past car cleaning stuff with out having a look, bit of a sucker for bargains :lol:, quite a few cheap products in the collection but i like trying them out and see what they are like,

Selection is quite limited as only have halfords and another local store, and have Banned my self from having paypal or a credit card :lol: cause i wouldnt be able to help my self... priced up a few things on a few sites, in a matter of seconds id racked up an amout of over 400quid in the shopping basket and thats not including a DA polisher :lol:

Got the detailing bug big time.....Anyone able to prescribe anything? before the neighbours send the men in white coats for me, they think ive gone made always out cleaning the thing :lol::lol:

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Holy Cow,
Did you get a discount for buying multiple of the same thing or something like that

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I thought i had a lot of cleaning kit wow that outdoes my collection. :eek:

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
thats a large collection, must admit mines not too big as if i want to try something new i.e. a wax i have to sell something to get it so i only buy the essentials.

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was quite surprised my self when i went to tidy it up, (when i took the pic) i knew i had quite a largeish collection but didnt think there was that much :lol:

Holy Cow,
Did you get a discount for buying multiple of the same thing or something like that
I wish, though it all wasn't bought at the same time, few bits here and there. Some of the stuff i bought was cheap, and when i see bargains that i would use i would buy more, just so i have them

i am not alone!!!!!
:rofl: Good to hear theres more like me :lol:

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Must admit, I'm a bit like Alan. Don't personally see the point of having loads and loads of different products that replicate each other. I have a core collection of products that I know work well on my car. I did have to spend a few quid though trying different products in trial and error till I found the stuff I wanted.

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i know what you mean, i dont have many items that all do the same job, unless its couple of the exact same thing. Though ill be honest and say 50% of the stuff pictured haven't been open, though wasn't long ago the astra got a full detail so doesn't really need done in a while, good coat of AG Extra Gloss every other week brings the shine up great (Y) though next summer i can see many of them being tested out, unless i get a new car first.

Though i also clean my dads car from time to time, so i have the stuff i use just on my car, that i know works, and brings out the best in the car. and then other bits and pieces i try on my dads to see what brings out the best in the colour.

Though once i can trust my self with a credit card ill be investing in some dodo juice products :lol:

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
lol OCD goes alot further than that believe me or should i say ask my wife and friends, cardetailing is a hobby and choice OCD is a pain in the ****.

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you, my friend have OCD :lol:
I used to have a bit of OCD with keeping the astra clean, for a while i washed the car everyday, monday wash the car, put it in the garage, tuesday take it out wash it, put it back in the garage.

Now ive realised.... like they say you cant polish a turd :lol::lol:

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
I used to have a bit of OCD with keeping the astra clean, for a while i washed the car everyday, monday wash the car, put it in the garage, tuesday take it out wash it, put it back in the garage.

Now ive realised.... like they say you cant polish a turd :lol::lol:
:lol: get on msn you, may have a surprise :lol::wave:

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Excellent stuff can't beat a good collection. Always good to have a choice (Y)

·
A.O.N. Full Member - (Ben)
3,099 Posts
I've gotta bucket....... but its got old cement in it :lol:

I'd love to learn and get into detailing, as I hate having a dirty car :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts