Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i did a change on a astra 2007 cdti everyone said its a pants job!! well they were pretty right its such a pain in the ass to remove but i eventually did so if anyone gets stuck let me no :cool:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Had mine replaced by Vauxhall a few weeks ago.

Labour was £100 or so it's the unit with is the mega bucks!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well mine is fixed again now, let's hope it stays that way. With my refurbed one I've got 12month warranty so each time it breaks within the 12 months. The warranty extends again. So it's not too bad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its true i bought a bought a refurbed unit 80 quid and fitted it al;l ok... apart from the new unit is noisy but hey i dont mint lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replacing my alternator on my 2004 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi

Hiya mate, Just joined the site and i have an issue with my alternator too. I got quoted £458 from Vauxhalls in Luton to have my Alternator replaced. So I think that it would be more economical to attempt it myself!

I had a couple of questions- I hope you don't mind(!) Did you use a manual and if so which one was it? Also, where did you get your replacement part from? Vauxhall's claimed their original part is from Japan and they selling it for around £300. Does it make a major difference if I buy a replacement off ebay?
Also did you need any special tools or was the process straight forward?

hi guys i did a change on a astra 2007 cdti everyone said its a pants job!! well they were pretty right its such a pain in the ass to remove but i eventually did so if anyone gets stuck let me no :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts