Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
just purchased CDA9886R to go in Vauxhall Astra, with patch and lead for steering remotes. Connected ok, everything works, however, unlike the VDO unit, when the ignition key is taken out, power is disconnected. I can't turn the unit on without the ignition key in, and, more annoyingly, all the preset radio stations are lost and need retuning. I can take a direct feed from the nearby glove box light, but which wire on the alpine leads would I connect it to if this is the way?

Many thanx

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
If you are loosing your preset stations you have the PERM live and the IGNITION live connected the wrong way round buddy.

on the wireing loom there should be a red and yellow cable with bullet connectors,
Connect them red to yellow and yellow to red

as for the ignition thing, you could but you run the risk of killing your battery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Herc, thanks for that, but just to be sure, currently yellow to yellow, and red to red, and you are saying yellow to red, red to yellow?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Herc,

fantastic, that worked!!!!

Just the ignition issue now. Not that much of a poblem, but used to leave the kids in the car and take the keys with me and it wouldn't stop them listening to the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts