Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best thing to get to clean my alloys? Its been a while since i cleaned them so need somthing decent - whats everyone recommend?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
ive heard good things about bilburry wheels cleaner and chemical guys wheel cleaner is good aswell (think it may ahve a simular name)

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I use Wonder Wheels, if you got a costco card you can get 3x 1ltr bottles for around £9(usually 1 1ltr bottle is £13)

·
Registered
42 Posts
simoniz alloy wheel cleaner gel it comes in a spray bottle and it looks red used this stuff at weekend and thought it was better than wonder wheels tbh :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Auto Glym Wheel cleaner, invest in a wheel brush and after washing them put a coat of Auto Glym Alloy Wheel spray on them. Helps keep them cleaner for longer, gives them a nice shine and makes them really easy to clean next time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use auto glym and as bazza said its really decent stuff too, but I think it's acid based? and polonged use un-dilluted can cause damage I believe(Y)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just spray a little on each wheel as you clean it. Don't leave the wheel cleaner on there for more than 5 mins and as i said put a coat of the Alloy Wheel spray on after, makes all the difference. Infact i hardly use the cleaner much as the spray repels most of the dust before it gets chance to eat in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Iv'e just started using Billberry, its so easy and safe to use, with excellent results. Wonder wheels is verry harsh on your alloys as its acid based, you only have to get some on your skin to feel it.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
i use sum red acid stuff, dunno what it is tho, me brother gets it from his valet bay at work... its good tho all the crap runs off and u only need to jetwash no wiping needed:D

·
Banned
3,175 Posts
no no no no use acid free wheel cleaner rod like billberry as the acid can damage the wheels or any cleaner that is acid free

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
I use Wonder Wheels, if you got a costco card you can get 3x 1ltr bottles for around £9(usually 1 1ltr bottle is £13)
Wonder Wheels is a big no no. Dont even put it anywhere near your alloys.

Do yourself a favour a throw it out.

Its Acid levels are insane.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Defo bilberry!! Acid free and very safe plus it will cut through baked on brake dust (Y)

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
no no no no use acid free wheel cleaner rod like billberry as the acid can damage the wheels or any cleaner that is acid free
tried a few nige and theyre all *****, this was the only stuff that actually cleaned them when theyre thick with dust....

it doesnt leave any marks or ewt..

but ill take the advise and get sum billberry....(Y)

·
Banned
3,175 Posts
lol didnt mean to so sound like an **** then rod just acid stuff does damage the wheels bud lol bilberry is realy good m8 even tho it aint got acid in its better plus you can dilute it down and it will be just as good

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I dilute Bilberry 4:1. Just spray it on the alloys, leave on for a minute and wash all the brake dust off. Easy.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
lol didnt mean to so sound like an **** then rod just acid stuff does damage the wheels bud lol bilberry is realy good m8 even tho it aint got acid in its better plus you can dilute it down and it will be just as good
lol if thought u was an bein an arrrrse...u'd av got a little:slap: :lol::lol:

seems to be the popular choice so its on the list:lol::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts