Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, completely new to the world of car modding and this site lol. I am looking to get some alloys for my 06 Astra SXI they need to be a 5 stud fitting. My question is what is the recommended in terms of diameter i was looking at getting a set of 18" Dezent motion 2's just don't want to get them too big would 17's be better??

Regards,
Chris.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ha ha It's my opinion! Depends if you have an xp or other kit fitted! I think mine looks high on 17s without any kit!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry should mention i am getting it lowered on eibach springs before i get the alloys its a 3dr if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate they will fit then no problems like rubbing or anything like that? I was told they might be too big but guy probably didn't know what he was on about. Yeah the springs should lower it around 30mm i think.

Regards,
Chris.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Cheers mate they will fit then no problems like rubbing or anything like that? I was told they might be too big but guy probably didn't know what he was on about. Yeah the springs should lower it around 30mm i think.

Regards,
Chris.
I don't hear any VXR owners complaining about rubbing. They come with 19's as standard ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well that's what i thought, my mate has an SRI with 18's no problem just like i say spoke to this guy and he was going on about not getting a full lock on the steering without rubbing etc and being a noob i wasn't sure haha.

Cheers,
Chris.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts