Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an Astra J SRI Sports Tourer 2.0CDTI 165 currently on 17" alloys (standard Vauxhall - 225/50/17 7J with 40 offset). I am looking at a set of 19" alloys that are 225/35/19 8.5J 40 offset. According to www.willtheyfit.com the following will occur: Ride height drop of 8.35mm and an arch gap gain of 8.35mm. Also a 2.61% change in speedo (don't mind this).

What I would like to know is a) will they fit the car as standard (no rubbing, interference at full lock etc) and then b) how do I know if I will be able to get the car lowered 20-30mm without messing it all up?

Thanks in advance.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Yes they will fit without rubbing and the drop will work. But, the world will be a better place if you buy the new wheels with tyres that better match the rolling radius you already have. I assume you've checked pcd?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The less rubber on the road, will indefinitely be a bumpier ride, so changing from 50 profile down to 35 , you will see a significant change,

However, One has got to realise that this change to 35 profile, makes steering very positive , in cornering, but the ride is very bumpy, especially over speed ramps.

May I sugest you opt for !8 inch Wheels with a similal pcd /et wirh 40 profile.

They are more comfortable

B

·
Registered
142 Posts
Even the change from 35 to 40 profile will make a difference, I had 35's on my Signum and found them unbearable, you felt every stone on the road, changed up to 40's and although still a bit rough they were far better (for me personally).

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts