Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to fit some AVA Memphis alloys to my sxi, I'm aware that I'll need to use wobble bolts to get them to bolt on but I'm unsure when it comes to spigot rings and if I'll need spacers, most sets are staggered over here 8.5j and 9.5j, unsure if they'll fit right on, could anyone shed some light on this for me, thanks :)

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
So the function of spigot rings is to reduce the centre bore of the wheel to match your car. Without these, they won't sit central on the hub. If the centre bore is too small, then you may have to have that drilled out so it matches. Centre bore of an Astra H is 65.1mm, so that'll need to be the inner size of the spigot ring. Outer size is whatever the centre bore of the wheel is.

Spacers depend on the offset. The ideal offset of the Astra H is ET35 to ET45. The lower that number is, the further out the wheel will poke. Adding spacers will make it poke even more. When adding spacers, take the offset of the wheel and then deduct the number of mm the spacer will add. So ET35 with a 10mm spacer will make them ET25.

I've not kept up to date wiht what people are doing fitment wise on the Astra H so I don't know how much poke you can get safely on an Astra H. Some people stretch tyres to help compensate, but I personally think this is a bad idea. Just remember you have to keep the tread of the tyre underneath the wheel arch at all times and my personal opinion is that pretty much any non-OEM wheel requires the car to be lowered a fair bit for it to pull them off properly, those ones especially.

Having a quite browse online, I'm finding 18" ones are 5x112, so as you say, you'll need wobble bolts to fit them on the Astra's 5x110 setup, they're 8J ET35 so you should be perfectly fine with those. You may even get away with some small spacers. A brief search isn't bringing up any info on the centre bore, but when we bought a set of OZ Racing wheels for the Mini from Wheelbase, they provided the spigot rings for us as we told them exactly what car we had.

Edit Done my usual can't find anything, post, find it. The centre bore is 73.1mm, so you'll need these rings: http://ej-parts.co.uk/spigot-rings-hub-centric-rings-full-set-of-4-four-73.1mm-65.1mm/ (Y)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't have got a better reply,thanks :thumbs: Just the matter of finding some 2nd hand now, everyone seems to be selling them staggered, which i cant say i'm a van of, how did you find out the centre bore? i'd looked for a good hour without finding anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts