Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a little bit of information for those of you who are attending PVS with AON.

Firstly there will be a convoy from the nominated hotel on the Sunday morning. Address is:

Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney Hotel
Talavera Way
Round Spinney
Northampton
NN3 8RN

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=471

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DIFFERENT HOTEL TO NORMAL!!!!!!!

If you want to take part in this convoy (even if your not staying at this hotel), you need to be in the hotel car park by 6.00am. We will be leaving the hotel at 6.15am at the very latest. We'll then convoy together to Santa Pod. We aim to leave the hotel car park in colour order, so please be patient until you are told to leave the car park, by a member of AON staff. We'll line the cars up and all set off together.

*** update following joining instructions from Santa Pod ***
Club access is from 6.30am.
Club cars must be parked and in position by 8.00am at the latest on Sunday

We ask everyone who is displaying their car on the AON stand to arrive at Santa Pod by no later than 8.00am. This allows the staff to ensure all the cars are in the correct place, and believe me, this isn't an easy task. We try to arrange all the cars in colour order, however, it's not always possible to fit late comers into this order - hence why we ask you to be there early. Otherwise the stand can look muddled. We don't always get the cars in the right order first time around, so please be patient - it's a mammoth task as we're expecting approximately 80 cars!!!

We want to ensure our stand looks the best that it can, so we ask you to ensure your car is clean. You can either clean it beforehand, or wash it on the stand, once you have parked in the appropriate position. There is a tap at Santa Pod but the queue is usually quite long so I'd advise that you bring some 5 litre bottles of water with you, and some cleaning gear. It's also a good opportunity for you to ask advice, if you need some tips on cleaning

We also will tie an AON balloon to each car to give the site a bit of extra pazzazz. We usually tie these to the rear wiper, but if you haven't got a wiper, then it'll probably be placed on your aerial, unless you state otherwise.

If you are planning on taking your car down the strip, please let a member of staff know on the day, so we can ensure you have adequate access to get in and out of the stand.

Each car will be issued with a voting slip, to vote for the following topics:

Best G
Best H
Best J
Best Detailed
Car of the Show
Best newcomer
Wooden spoon award

Possibly some other ones - watch this space ;)

Please take your time to browse all the AON cars to vote for who you think should win these prizes. The prize giving ceremony is held around 2pm so please try to come back to the stand at this time to take part and maybe collect a prize :thumbs:

There will be plenty of fund raising going on also. There'll be drinks available throughout the day and a BBQ at lunchtime. There may even be some other activities so please be as generous as you can - every little helps :)

We're also planning on doing a little quiz on the day to get members more familiar with some of the staff members. So you'll be given a quiz sheet and have to go find certain members of staff, to ask them a question. Just a little fun to get everyone interacting :)

There will be a member of staff on the site throughout the day, so if you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

It's also a good opportunity for you to put faces to names. Having the new lanyards will make it so much easier. We chat on here to each other day in, day out, but putting a face to a name makes such a difference. So whether your a new member or a seasoned AONer let's all have fun and make this the best show ever.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
If you win most detailed again there is something really wrong

·
30,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've already asked to be kept out of voting as I've won best detailed for the past 2 shows :lol:

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Best detailed for the past 2 shows........are you busy the day before, my coupe is needing a good detail :p hehehe
What you are missing is that Dawn's car wins best detailed, but no one actually said it was Dawn that detailed it (Y)

·
30,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you are missing is that Dawn's car wins best detailed, but no one actually said it was Dawn that detailed it (Y)
hahaha I knew that was coming :p But it's me who's there cleaning it, so you lose out with that arguement now :p

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Lmfao! i didnt even know this! woops! good job i read this thread to find where the hotel is haha! though why are we slumming it in a travel lodge? :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
After car washing all afternoon, and drinking all evening, I guess people won't care as long as theres a bed and a shower! :shrug:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Actually she rang me last night and we got onto the subject of her car and she said "ive cleaned my car myself" lmao! i still dont believe her, as everytime ive seen her it ends up me bloody cleaning it lol!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts