Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sus:Hi, does anyone know how to tell if the sensor alarm button located above the interior mirror on my SRi turbo, amongst the interior light buttons, is turned on or off, as far as i can see, you press it on there is no noticeable visual difference, no colour change no on off illumination... so as it stands, i don't know if the sensor is switched on or off.. :sus:

any tips on testing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as I know on my sri, the little lock button opposite the sport button flashes once the alarm is armed, i think thats the only noticeable way i can tell if the alarm is on or not, im not sure if the lock button flashes on the sxi. I don't think it does.

There are normal ways of testing it, lock the car and move around in it and itll go off, or open your windows lock the car and then put your arm through the window etc. If thats what you mean by 'testing'

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
436 Posts
:sus:Hi, does anyone know how to tell if the sensor alarm button located above the interior mirror on my SRi turbo, amongst the interior light buttons, is turned on or off, as far as i can see, you press it on there is no noticeable visual difference, no colour change no on off illumination... so as it stands, i don't know if the sensor is switched on or off.. :sus:

any tips on testing.
This button turns off the internal sensors of the alarm, press it and the red light on the central locking button on the dash should flash.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Tips... mmm, well the best way for sure is to sit in the car with it locked and alarmed on the remote (key fob), then after about 10 secs start waving your arms about. You will then know if it's on or off, I'd keep the remote in your hand so you can turn it off, that's if it's on!

Looks like in need to go to typing school... I'm much slower than the rest!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I believe even if you do turn it off once, next time you lock up the interior sensors will be armed again unless you turn them off again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies lads.. think i have it sorted. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts