Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help? i have a 2010 17cdti van and it doesn't have an alarm? is there any easy (cheapish) way of fitting a standard VX unit?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
can anyone help? i have a 2010 17cdti van and it doesn't have an alarm? is there any easy (cheapish) way of fitting a standard VX unit?
Hi mate

im not sure on about fitting a vx alarm to your van must be-able to be done best get a price from vauxhall, or the other option is get a C-A-N-B-U-S alarm fitted around £200-£300 depending what extras you have, I had a Laserline fitted since ive had my van with extra options fitted all in for £280 i got all the features with 2 sirens, anti-tilt/jack-up car, inside sensors, shock proof, and door,boot,bonnet connections, you can get other makes best to shop around like clifford, laserline, cobra, sigma, etc...i dont like clifford alarms to be honest, hence why i went for laserline never missed a beat, and no false alarms at all, so when my alarm does go off its always been for a reason, so that way i know the install was done correct...;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi mate

im not sure on about fitting a vx alarm to your van must be-able to be done best get a price from vauxhall, or the other option is get a C-A-N-B-U-S alarm fitted around £200-£300 depending what extras you have, I had a Laserline fitted since ive had my van with extra options fitted all in for £280 i got all the features with 2 sirens, anti-tilt/jack-up car, inside sensors, shock proof, and door,boot,bonnet connections, you can get other makes best to shop around like clifford, laserline, cobra, sigma, etc...i dont like clifford alarms to be honest, hence why i went for laserline never missed a beat, and no false alarms at all, so when my alarm does go off its always been for a reason, so that way i know the install was done correct...;)

Thanks for the reply...

Would this work (400319694246 ebay auction number)? all i want is a simple alarm system that's cheap and easy to fit. Anything that looks/acts OEM standard would be great?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Thanks for the reply...

Would this work (400319694246 ebay auction number)? all i want is a simple alarm system that's cheap and easy to fit. Anything that looks/acts OEM standard would be great?
I think that looks pretty decent mate to be fair, for £100.00 you cant go wrong really, try vauxhall first get a quote, i know it will be more than this alarm but at least then you now how much, i think this seems a very resonable alarm especially for the dough (Y)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
;):lol:
Hi,

I heard back from them and they said they had problems fitting one to a corsa van so they were not interested in selling it to me?!?

I am seeing things like this on line ''Cobra A4908 Canbus Modular Alarm £118'' or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cobra-A4818...sponder/dp/tech-data/B003BIFNHI/ref=de_a_smtd

least the shop were honest with you as regards to that alarm being a problem with a corsa van, when it comes to alarms i would visit a alarm shop or even get a mobile fitter, seeing as an alarm is very important on your vehicle best to have security knowing your vehicle and belongins are safe, especially if you have tools in your van etc...best way to think about it is an alarm is a little price to pay to add security and peace of mind to your vehicle or no alarm no vehicle no tools and loads of headache...ring around a few places get some quotes for a canbus alarm using the original vauxhall key fob, stick with good alarm makes ones that are not always going off in false alarms...laserline, cobra, toad etc...some people wont agree with me here but from past experiance stay away from clifford always going off in false alarms and the shock sensor always seems to increase or decrease in sensitivity no matter how many times you set/programme it...also the alarm installed will be as good as the fitter who installed it, long as its been installed correctly...

check here even ring them and they will tell you of a local fitter(s) in your area that they recommend...thats what i did
http://www.laserlinedirect.com/public/control.php?_path=/601/604/613
alarm 278 or 270uk model is the ones you want to look at for your vehicle as there canbus
Or is it better to go to a shop to get a better idea?

i have had my alarm now in my van for 3-4 years never had a problem with it at all, i would recommend laserline all the way, even in my old G astra van i had a laserline thats what made me get another laserline for my H van...and you can get extra options added, get 2 sirens if you want to i did so when it does go off its proper loud, like when kids hit the football at my van the alarm sounds the kids leg it quick time :lol:

Let us know how you get on (Y)

or check this http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co....d-immobilisers/cat-2-1-canbus-alarm-4818.aspx

or

http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co....d-immobilisers/cat-2-1-canbus-alarm-4405.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts