Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, out of curiosity has anyone effectively "turned the lid" on the standard airbox to eliminate the need of buying the other to have the crossover delete setup?

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Get a cone filter instead. I think it was rabbid who dyno tested a cone and 1.9 airbox and the cone made 20bhp more.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I have the CDTI airbox on mine and to be honest have not noticed a difference over the standard set up - maybe if i had a performance panel filter, but i don't like them as they let more **** into the engine.

I had a cone on for a while, but the noise annoyed me too much :lol:

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Get a cone filter instead. I think it was rabbid who dyno tested a cone and 1.9 airbox and the cone made 20bhp more.
Not everyone likes the induction noise from the cone tho, and tbh the real life difference between them is negligible, having ran both can't say I noticed any difference between the 1.9 and cone.
I have the CDTI airbox on mine and to be honest have not noticed a difference over the standard set up - maybe if i had a performance panel filter, but i don't like them as they let more **** into the engine.

I had a cone on for a while, but the noise annoyed me too much

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
K&N tested them on Mickie's 1.9 and if I remember correctly the cone lost power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts