Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently ordered an opel airbag from spain to fit my Astra H Sri 2010. When i took mine off i had the problem of it having the wrong connections, mine has a green single in the middle and my new opel one had a yellow and pink connection. Looking online i cant find any of the ones with a single green connector in the middle like mine which is pictured below. Only ones with the green connector off centered, can anyone tell me if this would still fit? I assume it would as its a single green connector but not 100% as its not the exact same as mine. Reason for changing is because i think the opel badge looks 100x better than the vauxhall one. My airbag connector.

The airbag I would be looking to fit: Used parts 13168455 airbag steering wheel opel astra H sedan 2005 1700 Die 229459 | eBay

If anyone has any knowledge id appreciate it thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There are 2 airbag systems used,single and dual stage,
then you have an early (app pre 2006) single stage setup and a later (app 2009 on system)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the info, what do you mean by “app” and do you know whether or not the airbag I linked from eBay would fit my car? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It's shorthand for approximately,
if you want to post the VIN i can look up the part number of Vx airbag that's on yours then check the Opel version for the same VIN range

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Big sticker on the offside B pillar

·
Registered
261 Posts
Additional issues to consider include:

1. There was a big recall on Takada driver's side airbags 2008-2009 Astra in North America. GM removed the original and replaced ours free of charge. I don't know what happened to the defective airbag. I don't know if the Takada recall would LHD cars in Spain but I would assume Takada sold some airbags in Europe given their (formerly) massive size. Maybe there is a database of recalled serial numbers you can research?

2. There are special procedures to disconnect and connect airbags, which include disconnecting the main battery for a period of time before working. Make sure to research and learn the proper procedures recommended by Vauxhall / Opel for health and safety purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts